• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Rush Flickering

New Here ,
Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm working on an android One Plus 7 Pro and everytime I create a new project after awhile my clips will start to flicker. It's not pixelation, more like a dark to light flicker. Almost like the exposure is changing rapidly. This isn't in my original clips at all. It does also show up in the renders. I haven't been able to find anyone else with a similar issue and I'm at the point where I might just try a different editor.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export , Mobile version

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Megan!
Really sorry for that.

• Which device did you use to capture the footage?
  • Can you try restarting your phone and see if that helps?
  • Would you mind sharing a screen recording that shows the issue?

Let us know,

Thanks,

Kartia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2022 Jan 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Super late response here - but found this thread because I have had the same if not worse issue. 

I've got the same phone as OP, specifically the OnePlus 7 Pro 5G GM1920. 

Flickering of contrast happens across all sources and formats, whether it's video recorded on my phone, on my Nikon DSLR, a downloaded MKV, MP4, MOV, every video file does this - but only in Rush on my phone. Even if I try and ignore the intermittent flickering, on render my videos always come out missing frames, with layers popping in and out, elements totally disappearing, AND this contrast issue. Not to mention exporting a 40 second clip takes up to 20 minutes, honestly it's been a mess. 

It's led to me exclusively using Rush as an on the go video trim and rough blocking tool with all of my renders having to take place after importing to Premiere on Desktop. All of my exports exhibit this issue when rendered by Rush on my phone, but not when the exact same project is exported from Rush into Premiere or Rush on Desktop - with zero changes once opened on Desktop.

Troubleshooting steps attempted :

• Restarting phone
  • Restarting phone w/force cache clear
  • Restarting phone w/force cache clear in safe mode
  • Restarting phone w/force cache clear and uninstalling Rush in safe mode while asking it to work very nicely
  • Clearing Rush Cache
  • Converting source video files of several sources and types from every format to every other format known to man in Handbrake, then creating a new project
  • Signing in and out of CC
  • Praying to the old gods and the new
  • Turning it off and on again
  • Re-re-booting
  • Clearing cache some more 
  • Updating Rush
  • Downgrading Rush
  • Etc

Now this has been happening for months, across a tonne of projects. I happened to hop on Google and find this thread today - and on noticing that we had the exact same handset I got to wondering....and then found the problem.

If you're having this same issue on a OnePlus phone, go into the Settings App > Scenes > Video Enhancer and turn that thing off harder than you did your last date. 

Literally fixed all of the issues in one go. Render time decreased from 20 minutes down to a minute, and absolutely no more choppy exports or flickering contrast. My gallery app even loads significantly faster now for some reason? Apologies to Adobe for thinking this was a you problem - it turns out Android is just finding new and interesting ways to be a horrible platform.

Attached is a clip of what the issue looked like. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2023 Apr 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have the same problem but on iPhone 14 pro 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines