Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

All cloud projects missing after clean install

Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2022 Nov 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I just performed a reset on my compluter and reinstalled my Adobe software afterwards.

My Premiere Rush projects were supposedly all synced to the cloud so I didn't think anything needed to be backed up locally for them. However, now that I open the freshly installed Ru, I have no projects, nothing has been restored from the cloud at all.

My previous settings had Sync with Creative Cloud turned on (as per the default), so I would love to know how to restore access to them.

Premiere Rush v2.5, Windows 11

Thanks.

TOPICS
Cloud sync , Error or problem , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Nov 10, 2022 Nov 10, 2022

Wow, thanks for all the incredible replies! The Adobe support is so helpful and insightful...

To wrap up, I have not found any way to restrore my missing projects and they are completely lost now. I can only assume that they had failed to sync, so when I reset the PC, I deleted all of the hidden files in the great many hidden Adobe app folders.

In the asset folders I found, there were even some that contained the assets for some of the missing projects, but Premiere Rush has no project to associat

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2022 Nov 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So a little update...

I found some Adobe folders on the D:\ including the following:

• Creative Cloud Files\Adobe\Assets
  • Documents\Adobe\Premiere Rush\1.0
  • Documents\Adobe\Premiere Rush\1.5
  • Documents\Adobe\Premiere Rush\2.0
  • Documents\Adobe\Premiere Rush\Imported Media
  • Documents\Adobe\Premiere Rush\Managed Media

I moved these to a backup folder and re-launched Premiere Pro and now it has synced most of my previous projects (great to have those back!) but strangely not the 4 or 5 most recent ones – I'm guessing they never managed to sync.

Some of those folder contain media that I now I used in the missing projects, so would there be any way to recover them fully from these folders?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 10, 2022 Nov 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wow, thanks for all the incredible replies! The Adobe support is so helpful and insightful...

To wrap up, I have not found any way to restrore my missing projects and they are completely lost now. I can only assume that they had failed to sync, so when I reset the PC, I deleted all of the hidden files in the great many hidden Adobe app folders.

In the asset folders I found, there were even some that contained the assets for some of the missing projects, but Premiere Rush has no project to associate them with.

Moral of the story - cloud sync is a nice idea, when it works, but when it doesn't you are caught with your pants down and lose lots of work because there is no local save. Just let me save projects myself so that I know they are safe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines