Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Altering Video Playback Speed

New Here ,
Oct 27, 2018 Oct 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

It may be that this feature is simply not available. But I would like to alter the playback speed of a clip that I have added into an Adobe Rush project. I would also like to alter the duration a photo appears in the video. Anyone know if this is possible and if it is how I achieve it?

Thanks

Gavin

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Aug 06, 2019 Aug 06, 2019

Hi Gavin,

You can now alter the speed of a clip in Rush 1.2. More details here:

New features summary | Latest release of Adobe Premiere Rush

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 27, 2018 Oct 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi gavinb12861009,

Thanks for trying out Premiere Rush and providing the feedback.

A speed effect is not currently available in Rush, but is high on our list of features to add. Stay tuned.

Slow motion – Adobe video & audio apps

For altering the duration of any media, you can simply trim the clip on Timeline(select the media and drag the yellow handle). Inform us if you face any issue here.

You can also submit feature requests for anything you would like to see in Rush here: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/916423-premiere-rush

Keep highlighting your doubts. !

Glad to help,

Mayjain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2018 Oct 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your fast response. I'm looking to complete a video by the end of November. Is this solution likely to be available by then? Do you have any idea of time scale? Even days/months/a year would be really useful to know whether I should wait or seek a solution elsewhere. Other than this issue the new programme seems great and very intuitive.

Also, for changing the duration of a photograph within the video, I can't seem to drag to extend it but I can trim it and delete the other part. Is there a solution to this other than inserting the photograph twice?

Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 01, 2018 Nov 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi GavinB,

I'm looking to complete a video by the end of November. Is this solution likely to be available by then?

Unfortunately, we cannot answer that question. The team does not give out advance info on features and dates. It is the top feature request, however. Sorry!

Other than this issue the new programme seems great and very intuitive.

Faced with this situation, when time is drawing closer to finishing your project, you may want to try a trial of Premiere Pro for 7 days. During your trial period, you can import a Rush project to Premiere Pro and do lots of speed alternations to your final cut. Would that work for you?

For changing the duration of a photograph within the video, I can't seem to drag to extend it but I can trim it and delete the other part. Is there a solution to this other than inserting the photograph twice?

Hmm...I'm not having that problem. I am able to trim a photograph to any desired length. Can you make a quick movie showing the error?

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 06, 2019 Aug 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Gavin,

You can now alter the speed of a clip in Rush 1.2. More details here:

New features summary | Latest release of Adobe Premiere Rush

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines