• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I create a timelapse in Premiere Rush?

New Here ,
Apr 18, 2020 Apr 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi
Ove the last 2 years or so, I've taken a photo of a certain scene from the same spot every couple of days. I've got about 400 photos.
Can I create a timelapse in Rush where each photo displays for a certain duration (not sure what, somewhere between 3-5 sec maybe) then the next pic displays for the same duration,  repeated about 400 times until all 400 images are cycled thru.

Then repeat or stop, not sure at this stage.

Ideally, I'm looking for some workflow whereby I can select all in order (oldest to most recent) and apply the above settings 🙂 rather than repeating something 400+ times 😞
I'd like quality to be sufficient for posting to YouTube.

Thanks

TOPICS
Desktop version , How to , Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 27, 2022 Dec 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Have you found a way to do that on Adobe Premiere Rush ? 

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 28, 2022 Dec 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's how you can create your timelapse video from the photos you've captured:

1. Place all your photos in a folder (preferably named sequentially).
  2. Select all, Ctrl (Windows) / Command (macOS) + A, to have them selected in order as they are named so that they appear in the project in that order.
  3. Although you can change the duration of the individual images, with 400 photos, that might be too tedious. Instead, you could render the image sequence as a video, create a new project with the rendered video, select the video, and in the Speed panel (the icon looks like a car's spedometer), change the Range Speed to speed as desired.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 29, 2022 Dec 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Myra, 

thanks for this quick answer ! 

If I sum up I should create two project 

1 - importing all the photos and creating a video 

2 - importing the video and speeding up the video 

I've just did that , it works indeed, but it's a long process and with 1000 photos you need to redo the speed up step..

Anyway thanks for this workaround solution , it's good to know ! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 30, 2022 Dec 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you have the Creative Cloud subscription, then there are other apps that can make creating the timelapse video process a bit more efficient:

• After Effects
  • Premiere Pro
  • Photoshop
  • Animate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines