• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can no longer add gaps between clips in Rush

New Here ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since updating Rush, I can no longer add gaps between clips. Lengthening or shortening a clip alsp adjusts the adjacent clips and audio - which I don't want to do at all. Specifically, I have subtitles which sometimes need to have gaps between them, to line up with the narration. Before the update, I could adjust each subtitle without affecting anything else around it. Now, if I shorten the duration of a subtitle, everything else moves, which makes it impossible to adjust and also impossible to add space between my clips. Please let me know how I can change this.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

This sounds expected but not sure why you would be seeing different behavior between devices. Here is a description of how the timeline works in Rush. Please let us know if you are experiencing something different. 

Thanks!

The main V1 track is gapless. When you import footage, Premiere Rush automatically assembles all clips in this track next to one another with no gaps in between the clips. Similarly, when you remove a portion of the footage, the rest of the clips automatically align

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,
Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this issue, but only on ONE of my devices. Which is just...odd. I'm working on two laptops. Both laptops are different models but they are the same OS and have the latest Rush update. One on laptop, I can drag clips and add gaps between them just fine. On the other laptop, I can't - it just snaps everything right after each other or adjusts everything on that track. I want to throw my laptop off a cliff. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This sounds expected but not sure why you would be seeing different behavior between devices. Here is a description of how the timeline works in Rush. Please let us know if you are experiencing something different. 

Thanks!

The main V1 track is gapless. When you import footage, Premiere Rush automatically assembles all clips in this track next to one another with no gaps in between the clips. Similarly, when you remove a portion of the footage, the rest of the clips automatically align themselves leaving no gaps in the timeline. You don't have to manually align clips. The V1 track is lighter in color than the other tracks. 

Clips placed on tracks V2-V4 and A1-A3 are associated with clips in the main V1 track, keeping your clips in sync.

More info here: https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-rush/user-guide.html/premiere-rush/help/edit-timeline.ug.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, this is what I was missing. Didn't realize V1 was gapless. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 03, 2021 Oct 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just shoot a blank video and inser it. Much quicker and easier.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines