Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

can't open my file in Premiere Rush

New Here ,
Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I can't open the file that I have worked for 10 hours on Premiere Rush. I have clicked on my file to open it, but it turned to a grey screen. Also, I have signed out from the Creative Cloud and updated the Premiere Rush, but still can't open it. 

(iMac)

TOPICS
Crash , Desktop version , Error or problem , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 30, 2021 Jul 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sammi6C13!

Sorry about that. We can get this checked. 

• Does it happen with a specific project?
  • Could you share a screenshot of the issue?

Let us know. 

Thanks,

Kartika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
I have the same problem as well. I'm using a Lenovo Thinkbook. I'm unable to open a few working files on Premiere Rush. I've never had this problem before. Please look into this ASAP as this affects my work.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sammi6C13 & Exec Chairman5C29,

Do you get any error message when trying to open the project? Also, can you open the project in a different device?

Let us know.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am having a similar issue now. My Rush was working great fine until an hour ago. I have been working on this project for several weeks. 

I cannot open the project in Rush, nor in Premiere.

Tried rebooting, did not help. Tried copy/rename, neither old nor new works.
Tried renaming app data "Common" folder to "Old_Common" per a help thread here from a few years ago. This did not help either.

The assets do appear to have been syncing to my CC account.

Please advise... Thank you!

Adobe Premiere Rush Version 1.5.62 (Build 61) on Windows 10 Pro, Version 1909, OS Build 18353.1379

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Follow up, this project shows up on, but will NOT open on, the iPad.
"Unable to Open Project" error

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've tried opening it on a different device and the same thing happened. There was no error message. The screen just goes blank and redirects me to the homepage. This is only the case with a few files. The rest are fine. All adobe softwares on both devices are updated.

Please advise,

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So after posting, I spent quite a bit of time messaging with Adobe's Tech support. Here is my take on it and someone from Adobe please correct me if you know something different, as I am not an Adobe expert, and my goal in posting is not to disparage Adobe, but to help others avoid the same fate, since there do seem to be many similar complaints on the forum.

From what I can tell, my project spontaneously self-corrupted, with no explanation. Since I was syncing the project to the CreativeCloud, it also synced the corrupted version across all platforms. There were no incremental backups of the Premiere Rush project. IF I had previously opened the Premiere Rush project at any point using Premiere Pro, THEN there might have been AutoSave Backup versions from which we could have restored the project, saved in an adjacent folder. But, I hadn't ever opened this particular project in Premiere Pro, so I had no backups to go back to, and my edits were gone, by which I mean the edited sequences. The assets I was using are all still accessible in the Premiere Rush folder, but my edits and assembly of the assets were lost.

Long story short, I have to start these edits over, and I lost a week of work.

As for me, my next step is to bite the bullet and learn how to use Premiere Pro and work on it there. Honestly I had a really rough day yesterday. Thankfully, the project didn't have a hard and fast deadline, and my employment does not depend on these videos, otherwise this would have been even more disastrous. Today, I am trying to find the bright sides. For example, it will be faster the second time around, long term I will gain experience using another piece of software, and maybe there are features that in Pro that will speed the process even more that I can take advantage of when I proceed to redo the work.

My advice to others is, DO NOT use the current version Rush for complicated projects, but if you do, make your own series of backups from time to time - manually - like we used to back in the day. The amount of time that I personally saved by not learning Premiere Pro was surpassed by far by the amount of work time that I lost by this glitch. I also recommend that Adobe should incorporate an improved backup system in future versions of Rush, and promptly add this to the FAQ of known issues.

-D

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2023 Feb 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In case anyone else needs this tip - I signed out of Creative Cloud from within the app and from within the Creative Cloud program (the one that has all of our software listed). Then, I restarted the computer. Then, signed back in. It worked. Phew.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines