• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't see WMV, AVI or FLV files in Media Browser

Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2019 Mar 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Windows 10 on a Lenovo T52 Thinkpad with an NVidia graphics card.

I just installed Premiere Rush, and am trying to add a .WMV file to my media folder using the media browser. However, the .WMV file does not appear when I navigate to the folder containing the file.

If I change the file extension to .MOV or MP4, the file does appear, although there is an error message that it cannot load a preview (makes sense). However, .AVI and .FLV extensions do not.

Is there something else I need to install to be able to add .WMV, .AVI and .FLV clips?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 14, 2019 Mar 14, 2019

Hi john.loo,

Thanks for your interest in Premiere Rush.

This is happening because the mentioned formats are not supported in Rush as of now. Please check the list here--

How to import audio and video footage in Premiere Rush from the computer, phone, or cloud

You can use Adobe Media Encoder to convert these files to any format that Rush supports. 

Please submit a feature request for anything you would like to see in Rush here : https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/916423-premiere-rush

Thanks,

May

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 14, 2019 Mar 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi john.loo,

Thanks for your interest in Premiere Rush.

This is happening because the mentioned formats are not supported in Rush as of now. Please check the list here--

How to import audio and video footage in Premiere Rush from the computer, phone, or cloud

You can use Adobe Media Encoder to convert these files to any format that Rush supports. 

Please submit a feature request for anything you would like to see in Rush here : https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/916423-premiere-rush

Thanks,

Mayank

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2019 Mar 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I had already gone down the Media Encoder route. Thought I saw .WMV as one of the supported formats

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2020 Aug 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No support for .AVI??  What a useless program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 27, 2022 Jan 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whole heartedly agree....  All my home videos I would like to use are in AVI...  Useless

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@mayjain,

The link to feedback isn't valid.  I'd very much like to give my feedback about the lack of support for .avi files (and .wmv etc).  Premiere Rush is being promoted as easy to use - sending us to Media Encoder isn't easy at all...

Aaron

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2021 Apr 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What a useless program. You can get free converters everywhere, yet Adobe won't include simple conversion codecs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 11, 2021 Aug 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This "import" doesn't work. I have tried multiple times. I can't even get the video I want up to even show to actual important it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2022 May 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How has this STILL not been addressed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2022 Oct 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It´s 2022 and still this format issue hasn´t been addressed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I love Adobe Rush, it works so well and is so easy to use, but now it's 2023 and still avi's can't be imported which is very disappointing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines