• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Controlling still image duration

New Here ,
Mar 26, 2019 Mar 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know if there is a way to manual enter clip durations. I am testing a still frame animation and I want to be able to input the duration of still images I import rather than just clicking and dragging. I find clicking and dragging each import image extremely tedious and inconsistent. Is there is a way to set a duration preference before importing still image or a way to select all and then input the actual number of seconds?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 26, 2019 Mar 26, 2019

Hi MWright!

There isn't currently a way to adjust the duration upon import, but you can leave a feature request here! I'm sure it is not just you who would find this helpful.https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/916423-premiere-rush

Premiere Rush: Hot (944 ideas) – Adobe video & audio apps

However, you can do this in Premiere Pro! Let me know if you have access to that app and I can help you out there.

Caroline

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 26, 2019 Mar 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi MWright!

There isn't currently a way to adjust the duration upon import, but you can leave a feature request here! I'm sure it is not just you who would find this helpful.https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/916423-premiere-rush

Premiere Rush: Hot (944 ideas) – Adobe video & audio apps

However, you can do this in Premiere Pro! Let me know if you have access to that app and I can help you out there.

Caroline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 29, 2019 Mar 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a good feature  request for sure. Just as you can edit the duration of transitions it would be useful to be able to adjust the duration numerically. There are a number of requests for this already with about 75 votes combined. Would love to see this feature added.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2020 Mar 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Caroline, kind of you to reply - with all due respect, it's insane that this isn't a basic, built-in feature instead of an aspirational one. I swear, it seems the only input on what should and shouldn't be a feature in Adobe products is from the developers. I would think EVERYONE would want to be able to adjust the duration of still images. Like anyone making an historical documentary, ever.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Couldn't agree more; duplicating the still clip until you reach the desired length is, well, rather amateurish.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 23, 2020 Mar 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

We appreciate the feedback. I agree this would be a great feature and it's on our radar. Here are the links to 2 requests in UserVoice that we're currently tracking. Please add your vote. This will allow you to get updates as progress is made. 

1. Set duration on import 

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/916423/suggestions/37868935

2. Set the duration of multiple stills at the same time 

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/916423/suggestions/38682379

All the best, 

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I have an issue with Rush it's because I'm trying to understand why basic features don't exist! 😞 

This is awful because I pay for Adobe package but get so much grief. 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2022 Jun 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adobe, When do you implement this feature, otherwise Premiere rush has no velue for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2022 Jun 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, i have the same requirement

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2023 Aug 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

2023 and we're still waiting

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines