• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Desktop does not sync to cloud?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2022 Nov 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a paid Premium subscription to Rush and are using the Android app on a phone and a tablet. Syncing to cloud works fine on these two (2) Android apps. My project and files does not sync neither to nor from the Windows desktop app. When trying to enable sync in the desktop app I get the (annoying) error message:

<errro>Premium Feature: Project Syncing. Sync your projects and edit wherever you are, on any device.</error>

I am logged in with the account with the Premium subscription attached to.

I have tried re-installing Rush for Windows, but to no avail. 

TOPICS
Cloud sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 09, 2022 Nov 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you reviewed Adobe Premiere Rush User Guide > How project syncing works in Adobe Premiere Rush?

It coveres how you can troubleshoot sync issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2022 Nov 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, yes, I have read it several times - and it is quite confusing and contradictory concerning syncing to cloud account with Premiere Rush desktop app (quoting):

"When a project is created with the Sync to Creative Cloud enabled, Premiere Rush creates optimized media and saves it to a folder in your Creative Cloud account. Unlike mobile, the Premiere Rush desktop application does not sync, upload, or download media, but instead creates optimized files that can be imported on other devices."

"For paid members, the Sync with Creative Cloud preference is turned on by default while adding media to your project. If you have projects that are not synced that you would like to access on another device, tap the three dots next to your project on the Project Browser screen and tap Turn Sync On. All of your projects are linked to your Adobe ID."

On one hand this states that the desktop app does not sync, but instead creates "optimized media" - whatever that is. On the other hand it states that paid members anyway can activate syncing in the desktop app.

The more I read it the more confused I get - and Adobes "customer service" seems to be hiding well from the customers? I cannot seem to find a way to get help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 15, 2022 Nov 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

User guides can be confusing at times.

Many mobile devices that record video do so to a format that's optmized for the device but not for editing.  While video just seems like video, under the hood there can be a lot missing that's needed for editing to work well.  "Optmiized media" in the context of Adobe Rush refers to making sure that whatever format our devices recorded is converted to something that's better for editing if needed.  The footage may already be good enough and not need to be optimized.

Adobe customer service is just a click away.  While reviewing any of the free Rush Learn & Support web pages, you should see a "Contact Us" chat bubble at the lower right of the web page.

The "Contact Us" chat bubble at the lower right of the Adobe Rush Learn & Support pagesThe "Contact Us" chat bubble at the lower right of the Adobe Rush Learn & Support pages

It's automated at first, but should not take more than a minute or two to get to a real person for assistance with installlation and verifying that your Adobe softare is configured correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2022 Nov 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines