• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Editing a video clip

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could someone help me with editing a video clip? The video has a ton of black background in it and I don't know how to make the video itself bigger, deleting the background

TOPICS
Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tara!

Not sure if you're on a mobile device or a computer, so I'll try to give instructions for both! Look for the section of the app that says "Transform" or "Crop & Rotate." It should look like a little picture frame with arrows on either side of it. Inside that menu, you'll see some options to "Fit" or "Fill" your image! That will automatically scale your clip up to fill the image and get rid of the extra space around the video.

If you would like more control, look for the section that says "Scale." There are some controls there that you can use to scale/size your clip up/down. The effects will be applied to the clip that is highlighted orange on your timeline, where all your clips are. 

I hope this helps! There's a video here on Youtube if this is easier.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Caroline,

Thank you for trying to help and responding!  Here is a screenshot of what I see.  The Fit or Fill is not an option for me and they are greyed out.  Thoughts on why?  I am not sure what else to do with fixing this video clip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Omg so tiny! Let's take a closer look.

Is your video just this clip, or do you have multiple assets or pieces of media? Does the scale work if you adjust the slider under "Scale"? Attached a screenshot to show you where it is.

Let me know about what types of clips you have! Rush uses the first item you select as the point of reference for what size to make your video, so I'm thinking it might even be worth it to start a new sequence and add your facecam video first, and use that as the size. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you for helping with this.  No, when I use that option, and adjust the width, it still is very tiny and doesn't remove the black.  I also then lost sound.  The video clips I have are all from people's phones (I believe) and there are only like 3 of them that need to be fixed.  I will try adding one to a new project that is normal and then try scaling.  Any other ideas as to how I could fix these?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2022 Jun 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Video

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2022 Jun 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Video editing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines