Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

estimated file size too heavy

Enthusiast ,
May 31, 2019 May 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

In last version of adobe premiere rush (1.1.0) on windows 10, In the export mode the estimated file size is strange :

- my original video file is : 1,13 Go for a duration time of 2h13 minutes.

- My cut made with adobe premiere Rush is of 1.16 Go for 0h22 minutes ! It is too much heavy if we consider the duration time !

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another example with a video file of 13 Mo.

Inside Premiere Rush, if I select "share" tab, the estimated file size becomes 17 Mo (instead of 13 Mo).

Why this difference ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The size of a video file is determined by length X bitrate.

If you want a smaller file size, you need to lower the bitrate of the file. You can do this in the Share menu by choosing Custom preset and then changing the Quality. The lower quality level you choose, the lower the file bitrate will be - which will result in a smaller file size.

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Meg,

In "share" tab, if I change the quality for an original file of 13 Mo :

- by choosing "average" quality : the file created by Rush on my desktop is of 68 Mo

- by choosing "low" quality : the file created by Rush on my desktop is also of 68 Mo.

I don't understand why it is the same file size between "average" and "low" quality, and why I don't succeed to have a size corresponding to the original file (ie : 13 Mo).

That is strange is in the "share" tab, when I change quality, Rush display all the time the same estimated file size of 17 Mo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 01, 2019 Jun 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not seeing that on my system:

ScreenFlow.gif

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 01, 2019 Jun 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my system, if I change the quality in the "share" tab, the estimated file size does not change.

That is very strange.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 03, 2019 Jun 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have opened a bug report for this problem. I hope it will be fixed soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines