• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting transparent video from Premiere Rush???

Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2021 Sep 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HELP! I'm trying to create a video layer to use in another project. I used transparent PNG slides but wanted to "animate" them in one Rush project to import into another since it was getting very cluttered, like a transition. Whenever I export, the background is black which then carries over into the new layer of the other project. There's GOT to be a way to have a transparent background in Rush, right? RIGHT?!?!? Losing my mind.

TOPICS
Export , How to , Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 08, 2023 Sep 08, 2023

Hi @PortDiscovery, Hi @david zilenziger,

Thanks for the note. You wish to export video containing an alpha channel. Is that right? If so, currently, that is not a supported feature. I'm really sorry about that. You need Premiere Pro for this task. Hope the advice helps.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 22, 2021 Sep 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

Thanks for writing in. Are you on the desktop version? If so, can you uncheck "Use Optimized Clips"? Go to View > Use Optimized Clips.

Let us know if that helps.

Kartika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 08, 2023 Sep 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This does not help. I'm facing the same challenge. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @PortDiscovery, Hi @david zilenziger,

Thanks for the note. You wish to export video containing an alpha channel. Is that right? If so, currently, that is not a supported feature. I'm really sorry about that. You need Premiere Pro for this task. Hope the advice helps.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe consider adding this feature to Rush? Thankfully I have Premiere Pro.. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will pass along the request.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 09, 2023 Sep 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have an Adobe asset that isn't allowing me to export .mov with alpha channel! Why would Adobe have an asset where bright green is permanent? Am I doing something incorrect here? 

Screenshot 2023-09-09 at 5.42.42 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines