• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Glitch & Color Washout on iOS Devices

Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2021 Nov 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have seen many similar posts related to video glitches (pixelated) and poor color washout using Premier Rush on iOS devices. Perhaps this can serve as a consolidated framework for iOS users.

Issue

• Glitches / pixelation and/or color washout during playback (including on exports)

Where the issue occurs:

• In Editor during playback, preview, or scrubbing
  • Export Preview window
  • Exported video (final product)

Devices
:

• iPhone
  • iPad

Post your iOS device, iOS version, Premier Rush version and sample clip.

Indicate your clip sources settings:

• Photo: High Effciency or Most Compatible
  • Video: HDR and Auto FPS (30, 60)

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export , Mobile version , Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Jul 24, 2023 Jul 24, 2023

Hi @_tonygee_ ,

I'm so sorry for this issue. It's possible that you may be pushing the limitations of Rush on the iPhone. You can try keeping 4K videos short. Avoid 60fps. Color effects. Heavy titles or motion graphics templates. Otherwise, drop your more complex stuff down to HD. I hope the advice helps.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2021 Nov 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My glitches occur on the following devices;

• iPhone 12Pro, ios 15.1.1, Rush v2.1(1113)
  • iPad Pro M1, ios 15.1, Rush v2.0.1(1110)

Source formats:

• Video HDR 4k60

Samples attached.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2021 Nov 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looking at this deeper, what appears to be happening is injection of cut frames.

As an example;

• Let's say you have 20 cuts in your video project. The export is injecting bad cut frames from the end-cut of clip 3 on top of clip 11, and a bad frame from the end-cut of clip 5 on top of clip 17.

I can visibly see the artifacts from cut frames earlier in the timeline overlayed as (glitched) artifacts on the forward cuts to the right of the timeline. This is quite possibly a sign of poor memory management.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2022 May 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same issues. Adobe, please help!

* All videos recorded on iPhone Pro 13 Max

Edited on:

* iPhone 13 Pro Max (iOS 15.4.1)
or

* iPad Pro 4th gen (iOS15.3.1)

* Adobe Rush version 2.2 (1115) on both devices

- the same issue occurs on both devices when editing

Glitches with pixelation in some parts of the video. It does look like some other clips in the timeline are coming through during the glitch. 

Can't seem to find a fix for this online yet.

I attach 2 screenshots of examples of glitches.

814DACCC-7AA3-4D08-929B-E5D7E55FD657.jpeg

 

CDF55780-7810-4489-82B8-549D3204C314.jpeg

Yellowish washout look on some clips 

Also- some clips are washed out with a strange yellowish tinge when exporting. They aren't washed out in the timeline - just after exporting. What's strange is that it happens to random clips. Even when I've recorded 2 video clips one after the after and then edited them together - it chooses to wash out one of them and not the other. I tried all the variations of the export settings and the problem remained.

I read elsewhere that a workaround solution is to add a title graphic to the whole video with no text in it and then to export- this actually fixed it for me and videos came though without the washed out look which helps but it would be better if it was fixed properly and I didn't have to do this!

I attach 2 screen shots - one with and one without the washing out that shows how the image is effected. 

70DF28A2-FE15-49E8-8ECB-7A26212B60A3.jpeg

 

55FCFC75-CD07-404B-A226-86EA17172873.jpeg

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2022 Aug 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any update on this? 

eduting some new videos and the issue keeps on occurring. 

editing videos taken on IPhone Pro 13 Max and editing on Adobe Rush.

pixelated mixed images keeps occurring after some edits. 

please help!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2023 Jul 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same problem. Has anyone found a trick to fix it? I'm editing using Premiere Rush on an iPhone 13 Pro.   After rendering, roughly 10% of my clips appear to flicker.  They do not appear this way in the project, only after exporting.

very frustrating. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2023 Jul 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did...unsubsribe from Adobe and start using other free (and better) app.
Adobe told me as a solition to not use 10 bit video recording pffff. They
wants me to disable HDR video filming.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2022 Aug 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have this issue, renders the app pretty much useless since you can’t copy paste into a new project and you’d need to start all over. Otherwise, was pretty good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 19, 2022 Dec 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have also this problem with those glithes. Almost on every exported project.

iPhone 14, iOS newest.

I had this problem always since I started using Rush....about year and also on iPhone 12 mini and 13 mini. Still problem exists.

Simple viceo recorder on iPhone, small edit owith RU and export and...got this not pretty issue. 
This is for Instagram reels those videos, but in nearest future I wish to export more important videos on other social

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 24, 2023 Jul 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @_tonygee_ ,

I'm so sorry for this issue. It's possible that you may be pushing the limitations of Rush on the iPhone. You can try keeping 4K videos short. Avoid 60fps. Color effects. Heavy titles or motion graphics templates. Otherwise, drop your more complex stuff down to HD. I hope the advice helps.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2023 Jul 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, cap cut works just fine. It's a better program anyways 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines