• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Glitching issue

New Here ,
May 13, 2023 May 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please somebody help! I've spent hours editing my videos and when I try to export, without fail there is a glitch, sometimes multiple glitches throughout the video. I'm using an iPad 12 pro with M2 chip and most videos are shot on iPhone 12 Pro & iPhone 13 Pro. Also mixed in are drone videos shot in 4K and 5K and GoPro videos also shot in 4k. I've tried everything that was suggested in previous posts about this topic and changing the files from .mov to .mp4 are not an option for this peticular video because it is already edited and cut and I would have to go back and do a ton of work to get it to an .mp4. The fact that I pay for this application which is supposed to be one of the "best video editing tools around", but can't seem to get past this issue is a little unsettling to me. Adobe, please do better! Help me figure out what the problem here is, and I can promise you it has nothing to do with my videos because a lot of people here are also having this issue besides me and still no viable solution. 

TOPICS
Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , May 17, 2023 May 17, 2023

Hi Shannon and Kaivan,

I got your message, and it sounds like you're having issues with imported footage causing visual anomalies (glitches, as you put it). Is that right? Sorry about that.

Since your footage has various frame sizes at demanding resolutions and likely has variable frame rates, you might experience such problems, particularly if you have added any effects, titles, and graphics. It's a "bridge too far," so to speak. I advise you to create files that your hardware can handle more

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 17, 2023 May 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Shannon and Kaivan,

I got your message, and it sounds like you're having issues with imported footage causing visual anomalies (glitches, as you put it). Is that right? Sorry about that.

Since your footage has various frame sizes at demanding resolutions and likely has variable frame rates, you might experience such problems, particularly if you have added any effects, titles, and graphics. It's a "bridge too far," so to speak. I advise you to create files that your hardware can handle more easily. These files are demanding for an iPad, much less a top-of-the-line Mac or PC. I would advise other people having this problem the same thing.

In my experience as a video editor, optimizing footage to match frame size dimensions and frame rate before you edit it can help reduce such problems, whether it's Rush, Premiere Pro, or any other video editing app. I like to import the footage into Media Encoder (I also use Shutter Encoder if Media Encoder can't handle specific variable frame rate footage) and make all the footage match the same specs. That means frame size, frame rate, and audio sample rate settings.

Ideally, using an editing codec (like ProRes LT) makes the experience even more fluid than H.264 or HEVC, though the file sizes can be pretty significant. Extra storage to handle these intermediate files might be necessary, but you can delete them after you complete your project. You can undoubtedly try transcoding back to H.264 or HEVC. Rush should make proxies for these files. The transcoding process can rid you of variable frame rates, which if too far out of spec, can cause trouble with editing and creating those automatic proxies. The other advice here might be to transcode your footage to HD rather than 4K if that is your intention for final export. An HD workflow is much easier for an iPad to handle than a 4K workflow.

The added step of optimizing footage before editing is a common rule of thumb that editors use to avoid similar issues. It does help to have a desktop computer to handle this critical step.

I'm afraid that optimizing footage for your current project might be challenging to overcome, but I would try it for future projects and see if your experience with Rush goes as planned. Perhaps the community can give further suggestions. Let me know if the advice helps.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines