• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to change the Background/canvas color in Premiere Rush?

New Here ,
Feb 07, 2020 Feb 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I am working in premiere rush and I have scaled down a video because I want some white space for text around it. But it is by default black and I can not seem to find a way to change the color? 

Can this really be? Or is it just that is now able to find this feature? 

Thanks. 

Title edited by mod

TOPICS
Feature request , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Hey Andre –

The default background color will always be black because it's a "blank" space behind your video. But don't worry, it's really easy to fill! We noticed other people had similar questions so we made a quick tutorial.

Caroline

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 07, 2020 Feb 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

This is an interesting question, however, there is no way to change the default color of the background.

You can try to fill the background by importing a white image and keeping it below the video track on the timeline. 

Please add your voice here for our product team to see: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/916423-premiere-rush/suggestions/35856520-ability-to-change...

Let us know if you've any questions. 

Thanks.

Kartika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right, Kartika. However, as you were offering that workaround, there is a way to add an image to V1 without importing anything and using native graphics - but it's a bit hidden. Scroll down to see my reponse.

Thank You,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Andre –

The default background color will always be black because it's a "blank" space behind your video. But don't worry, it's really easy to fill! We noticed other people had similar questions so we made a quick tutorial.

Caroline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I tried to search for the solid background title slide, but there is not any such thing found on my Windows desktop computer. See screenshot below.

Please advise.

Thanks!

no solid background.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2021-05-19 at 1.33.50 PM.pngI checked this out for you Seymoore. I found it under "Transition Graphics" and not "Titles." This works pretty well. Let me know if you are still having trouble. Have fun with Rush!

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wonderful! Thanks so much - I never thought to look there! Ha! I appreciate it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to snoop around a bit myself. Would you be interested in more "How To" tutorials to create stuff like this in Rush? I have around 35 effects I can share and was thinking of making some videos about that. Let me know if you would watch a video or if you'd prefer a PDF.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I was searching for the answer to this for A LONG TIME and glad I came across your answer 👍🏼

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2021 Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Adobe Rush program does not do what you've demonstrated above.  I need a white background for our logo.  Also when I import my logo it cuts off a lot of it and I can't rescale it to where it will all appear intact. It's like it automatically cropped out some of my logo. I can make it smaller / larger etc, but only the part that appears and not the 'cropped' area.  HELP!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever figure this out, Charlene??

Regards,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i didnt lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines