• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to move Mac Storage of Rush Files to External Drive?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2024 Feb 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Overall, I like Rush. However, its files are now 75gig on my Macbook Pro HD, running Sonoma 14.2.1.  

(1) ASKING HOW-TO:  Is there a way to move all of the files that I believe are in  >Icloud drive > Documents > Adobe > Premiere Rush > Managed Media > Assets.  *TO* an external HD and still have Rush access those necessary project files as needed for future editing...   (hopefully without having to reconnect each resource.).  

(2) ASKING A QUESTION TO TRY TO UNDERSTAND:   I already keep the original files on an external drive in a neatly arranged filing system.  When I occasionally change a folder name and have to reconnect an asset,  it works to reconnect to the file on that external and not to anything in the Managed Media>Assets folder.... however it seems as if the multi-gig video files are still copied/stored in that Managed Media>Assets folder.  Why?  

(3) ANOTHER HOW TO QUESTION:  And similarly, from the beginning, is it possible to TELL Rush to store newly created project's assets in that same external HD place?   

(4) ASKING FOR INFORMATION:  And how much of a performance delay might storing assets externally cause my editing process?  

TOPICS
Desktop version , How to , Storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Feb 24, 2024 Feb 24, 2024

Hello @UnfoldingFlower,

Thanks for the questions. I hope I can help you with them.

(1) Is there a way to move all of the files that I believe are in  >Icloud drive > Documents > Adobe > Premiere Rush > Managed Media > Assets.  *TO* an external HD and still have Rush access those necessary project files as needed for future editing...   (hopefully without having to reconnect each resource.). 

This should work, but you likely need to reconnect the media clip-by-clip. That's the painful part

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 24, 2024 Feb 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @UnfoldingFlower,

Thanks for the questions. I hope I can help you with them.

(1) Is there a way to move all of the files that I believe are in  >Icloud drive > Documents > Adobe > Premiere Rush > Managed Media > Assets.  *TO* an external HD and still have Rush access those necessary project files as needed for future editing...   (hopefully without having to reconnect each resource.). 

This should work, but you likely need to reconnect the media clip-by-clip. That's the painful part. Sorry about that.

When I change a folder name and have to reconnect an asset,  it works to reconnect to the file on that external and not to anything in the Managed Media>Assets folder.... however it seems as if the multi-gig video files are still copied/stored in that Managed Media>Assets folder.  Why? 

Is it possible to have Rush to store newly created project's assets in that same external HD place? 

I'll ask a developer to answer the question about the behavior or managed media assets. That one is out of my level of expertise. I don't think there's a way to save a project directly to a custom location. Sorry about that.

Let me know if I can help with anything else. Take care.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines