• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to use newly introduced Pan And Zoom feature in Adobe Rush?

New Here ,
Aug 22, 2020 Aug 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated Adobe Rush to the latest version where I can see Pan & Zoom and Auto Reframe features have been added. However, these features seem disabled.

Please suggest on how to use these features.

TOPICS
Desktop version , How to , Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Thanks for your feedback on Pan and Zoom. This is just the first iteration and we plan to continually improve this feature based on feedback from users like yourself. We are already hard at work on adding the ability to add start and stop endpoints. We would love to hear more about what else you would like to see in a future release.

You can refer to this link for more details on the Pan and Zoom feature 

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-rush/help/effects-panel.html#pan-zoom

Best, 

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

Hello!

New today we released version 1.5.40 of Rush and added a few extra goodies to the Pan and Zoom feature. You can now select the start and end points of this effect on still images, as well as change the scale and position as needed.

Happy editing!

Peter 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ruchir,

Thank you for reaching out. As of now, Pan and Zoom feature work on still images. This release lets you add motion to an image with one click. Our next Pan and Zoom update is coming to Rush later this year, and it will include more customization options

You can refer to this article for more information: https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-rush/help/effects-panel.html#pan-zoom

Let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Kartika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Kartika.

Good to see much-needed features being added to Rush and hoping pan and zoom will come out soon to help us make better videos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I've tried that function, but do not understand how to set the starting and endpoint in this feature, like the Ken Burns function in iMovie. You set a start and end point that difers in size and position to make it look like a camera ride. Is it suppossed to work that way, if not, will it ever? And if, how does it work then? Hope my request is understood.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your feedback on Pan and Zoom. This is just the first iteration and we plan to continually improve this feature based on feedback from users like yourself. We are already hard at work on adding the ability to add start and stop endpoints. We would love to hear more about what else you would like to see in a future release.

You can refer to this link for more details on the Pan and Zoom feature 

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-rush/help/effects-panel.html#pan-zoom

Best, 

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The article at the link does not explain how to set the beginning and ending states of the pan and zoom. I've fiddled with the bounding box and position of the image and it does not behave in any responsive fashion to my adjustments. Please provide a better explanation of how to use the function. That link is useless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm currently dealing with the same problem, and so far it seems like these features currently don't exist. Why adobe would release a tool with almost no functionality is beyond me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2020 Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It kind of amazes me that a little company like Splice is years ahead of Adobe on this.  I just upgraded Rush and disappointed that free Spice is better.  When is the release?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2020 Nov 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kartika,

I don't understand the Pan and Zoom feature either?  Is there no way to set and start and end point, or am I missing something?  I had all of my students download rush and we are working with both stills and video.  In their footage there are a lot of pan shots and it is such a shame that they are not able to pan across them in the final project.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 14, 2020 Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also struggling to figure out how to use Pan and Zoom. On desktop it seems like you can turn it "on" and that's it?! Can't for the life of me figure out how to add keyframes or even starting and ending states. 

Very disappointing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

New today we released version 1.5.40 of Rush and added a few extra goodies to the Pan and Zoom feature. You can now select the start and end points of this effect on still images, as well as change the scale and position as needed.

Happy editing!

Peter 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2020 Dec 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doesn't work. I place a smaller image on top of the background and pan and zoom just crops it. You see just part of your image zooming inside some arbitrary frame. You used to be able to watch ALL of it scale up or down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2021 Jan 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, pan and zoom is not working for my Rush desktop program either. I am using it on comic pages, but I'm assuming that shouldn't matter. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't work on anything! Just freezes sadly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This doesnt work. Any help please!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines