• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pan and Zoom on Videos

New Here ,
Jan 16, 2021 Jan 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Any chance we could get the pan and zoom effect to work on videos too? 
TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 12, 2023 Jun 12, 2023

Hey @Randy304486848enj,

Sorry about the frustration. These are user-to-user forums, so the product team rarely responds here. I will bring up the feature request the next time the support team meets up with the product team and I will advocate for your request. Take Care.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One year and still nothing. I guess this answers my question on how to zoom on videos and not still frames

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2023 Jun 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am asking the same question, and getting no response. i am trying to upgrade from iMovie, but this is quite frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 12, 2023 Jun 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey @Randy304486848enj,

Sorry about the frustration. These are user-to-user forums, so the product team rarely responds here. I will bring up the feature request the next time the support team meets up with the product team and I will advocate for your request. Take Care.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well your linked article on using Pan and Zoom looks pretty straightforward, but who wants to pan and zoom on JUST static images?  I need to do the same with video.  So I hope that Adobe is still working on improving this feature -- it's a very nice and welcome addition, just needs more work to be optimal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2022 Feb 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why can't I use Pan and Zoon or Auto reframe?

The buttons are grayed out.

Windows 11 Version 10.0.22000.493

11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz 2.80 GHz

RAM: 64.0 GB (63.7 GB usable)
Dell Inspiron 7706 2n1

Adobe Premiere Rush v 2.3.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 22, 2022 Feb 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ScottEmick!

Thanks for writing in. Are you applying Pan and Zoom on videos? If so, as of now this feature works on still images.

I hope this helps. Let us know.

Kartika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2022 Feb 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I opened my project in Adobe Premier Pro and I was able to learn how to Pan and Zoom...
I guess for Rush it wasn't clear to me that the feature was for photos only...Seems like its needed more with video to me.
Thanks for your response though, others will find it useful I'm sure.  I had seen the same answer 2 years ago, but nothing new.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2023 Feb 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why can't it work on video too?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2023 Feb 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most disappointing that it doesn't!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2023 Jan 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am looking to use this same feature on video currently in Rush. I find the fly over help windows own definition of the feature fully contradicts this answer in that stated in the app itself it applies specificaly to motion. Images dont have motion. It is 2023 as im writing this, Rush should have this feature already. Please update this feature to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2023 Feb 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed. Hoping they upate this because I'd like to zoom in on one short video as it plays so the subject is larger by the end. Just like the still image feature. Too bad for us but thanks for posting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2023 Feb 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed. Just up to the premium and now can't do what I wanted

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2023 Mar 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmnnnn... You can't Pan and Zoom videos?
So if I wanted to use that basic feature, what are my otpions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 06, 2021 Sep 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is depressing that a full year later there is still no pan/zoom for video. I really would like to use Rush and this is not what I'd consider "advanced" stuff since every other basic option has this. Even online-only editors! If Filmora can do it, Rush should be able to. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2022 Mar 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2022 checking in. Still nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 03, 2023 May 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2023. I have just checked back because Premiere Pro is too much for a simple YouTuber, I´m not producing Avatar. You cannot pan and zoom videos yet so I cannot use it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 06, 2021 Sep 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea, we are still waiting for something super-basic like video pan/zoom. Even present-only options would be OK. Basically every low-cost, novice, and free video editor has this. And if you look at social videos, like, 50% of them pan or Ken Burns video. Using Rush, I can't even match the quality of an online-only editor. It's too bad. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2022 Mar 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't make this feature work in a video. 

Is that not something that can be done?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2022 Mar 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No! I was dissapointed to learn the same thing. Such a simple feature that would make using this app so much better! Here's to hoping they add it soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would LOVE for it to work on video!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2021 Jun 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, it's June 28, 2021 and my Rush is up-to-date and neither Pan and Zoom nor Auto Reframe are enabled for me except for if I insert a static image. Since Rush is a video editing program, shouldn't this work for VIDEO? smh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2021 Oct 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this feature work on Adobe Premiere? Im a new user in Adobe Rush and no prior experience in other video editors. I'm wondering if i will just move to Adobe Premiere if this is present there. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 09, 2023 Jan 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has been a couple of years since the last post on this topic as far as I have found.

I just tried it on the latest version of Rush, it still doesn't work as I would expect it to. 

I take it that this is not a functional feature of Rush yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 09, 2023 Jan 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are you trying to do with pan and zoom that isn't working?

Are you trying to apply it to video clips? It only works on static images.

Here's more information on pan and zoom:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines