• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

iPhone 8+ video sound issues on import - HEIF / HEVC videos

New Here ,
Aug 04, 2020 Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having sound issues when importing videos recording from various iPhone 8Plus to Adobe Rush desktop macOS. 

The video files sounds like there is a an distortion filter added. 

Even if I deactive every additional automatic audio correction within Adobe Rush (like discussed in other articles), the files remain unusable. If I reduce the gain to 25% the file sounds somehow ok - maybe because it is so quiete that I hardly hear anything or can not make any judgment about the sound quality. 

macOS 10.15.6

iOS version 13.6

Recorded app: Native camera app from Apple
Fileformat: HEIF/HEVC

8bit HD (1-1-1)

1080p (30fps) 

Audio settings readout from Quicktime:
mono, AAC, 44100 Hz

Quickfix:

1. If I use Adobe Premiere - there is no issue at all and the sound seems great.
  2. If I start the project on my phone in the mobile Rush version, import the same file, save & sync to Adobe Cloud, I can open later it on my Mac and the sound issues are gone. 

Tested with two iPhone 8+ over a period of time from Oktober 2019 until August 2020 (latest tested with Adobe Rush 1.5.20)

Would be nice to get a fix somehow, because Rush is a great pice of software and totally future orientated. 
    I've added one example video. 

Steffen

TOPICS
Desktop version , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?