• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is Premiere Rush limited to short projects / sequences?

Explorer ,
Nov 21, 2018 Nov 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I load 25 minutes' worth of clips into Premiere Rush, it uses all available memory and slows to a halt then freezes. Is Rush limited to working on just a few short clips at a time?

The clips were all shot with GoPro Hero 7 Black in 2.7K and 30 fps.

I'm using Windows 10 Pro on an AMD M5A99 Pro FX motherboard with 16 GB memory. Main drive is an Intel SSD.

Would be grateful for any advice. I LOVE the simple interface and the ability to work from the cloud.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Nov 24, 2018 Nov 24, 2018

Hello Mayjain, thanks for responding.

I re-opened the project with cloud sync turned off. Memory usage was much more reasonable, from 4 gb to 8 gb and no system freezes.

Playback was jerky, I suspect due to my underpowered graphics card, an NVIDIA 210. I decreased the monitor quality to Low and playback was smooth. But then while reviewing the footage and deleting unwanted clips, the audio would repeatedly go dead and then the program would crash, so I've stopped trying to edit the project in Rush

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 23, 2018 Nov 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi georgeb73469922,

Thanks for your invaluable feedback and sorry for the problem you are facing.

Premiere Rush is not limited to short projects/sequences. It is designed to make your Video creation simpler, smoother, quicker even for large projects.

Can you try creating a local project and see if the problem persists ? (deselect the checkbox 'Sync with Creative Cloud' while creating the project) We push the media files to Cloud while creating a synced project to enable working on the project cross-platform. I suspect this process is slowing down Rush in your case, though I shouldn't.

Do let us know your findings. Also, if possible, please share some media clips your are using to  let us verify the issue here.

You can also submit feature requests for anything you would like to see in Rush here:

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/916423-premiere-rush

Keep raising your concerns. !

We are continuously working to provide the best experience for our users.

Glad to help,

Mayjain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 24, 2018 Nov 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Mayjain, thanks for responding.

I re-opened the project with cloud sync turned off. Memory usage was much more reasonable, from 4 gb to 8 gb and no system freezes.

Playback was jerky, I suspect due to my underpowered graphics card, an NVIDIA 210. I decreased the monitor quality to Low and playback was smooth. But then while reviewing the footage and deleting unwanted clips, the audio would repeatedly go dead and then the program would crash, so I've stopped trying to edit the project in Rush. Will keep trying as Adobe fixes bugs since I do love the concept and convenience - I also have Premiere but would prefer to do most work in a simpler environment.

It would be great if there was a Proxy feature in Rush, as in Premiere Pro that would allow smooth playback at 1440 and faster editing operations up until the final export. I have submitted a feature request - thank you for the link.

George

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 26, 2018 Nov 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi georgeb73469922,

Thanks for your comments. Premiere Rush also creates proxies for all imported media files automatically on Desktop for synced projects.

Please check View--> Use Optimized Clips option from the Application Menu. Currently this option is disabled for local projects

We will certainly explore the issues highlighted by you and ask for further info. if needed.

Thanks again for highlighting the issues.

Glad to Help,

Mayjain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines