• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a way to scrub within a clip?

New Here ,
Mar 08, 2022 Mar 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's say I have a 30 second clip, and I drag the end handles in to "crop" it to 5 seconds. I have it in between 2 other clips, and I like where I'm at. Now, I want to instead feature some frames within that original 30 seconds that fall outside of my 5 second crop. Is there a key command or functionality in Rush to scrub within the clip to get to that other footage WITHOUT having to drag the end handles in and out? I basically want to keep that 5 second crop in place, but get to the underlying content outside of the frame. Thanks!

TOPICS
Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 08, 2022 Mar 08, 2022

Hey there!

You could duplicate the 5-second clip and drag the handles out of one of the copies to find the other frames from other parts of the video, while still keeping the 5-second clip exactly where it's at.

The other option would be to use the Slice tool in Rush to cut out those 5 seconds instead of dragging end handles, so that you can still have the "leftover" frames on the timeline for you to sort through. Keyboard shortcut for Slice is S!

Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there!

You could duplicate the 5-second clip and drag the handles out of one of the copies to find the other frames from other parts of the video, while still keeping the 5-second clip exactly where it's at.

The other option would be to use the Slice tool in Rush to cut out those 5 seconds instead of dragging end handles, so that you can still have the "leftover" frames on the timeline for you to sort through. Keyboard shortcut for Slice is S!

Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will try the duplication method. Just wasn't sure if there was an option to scrub through all of the existing footage within a clip, even if only a portion was visible, without physically moving it. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Happy to hep!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines