• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Low bitrate export quality for 4K?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2018 Oct 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello - I have a question related to exporting 4k 30 or 60fps footage... it seems that the max option is the high quality setting, but that results in a bitrate of only about 20Mbps at 60p, which is strange because the native files from my iPhone are coming in around 55Mbps.

If the video looked like originally quality that would be awesome, but I'm getting all sorts of compression artifacts and I'm wondering if I'm missing another setting to crank up to higher quality, or if this is something you're planning to add in the future?  I'm sure it would be ok for 1080p footage, but the high setting just doesn't seem to cut it for 4k?

Thanks,

Jon

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 09, 2018 Nov 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there, Jon!

So sorry about the slow response. I was attempting to get more familiar with the app so as to better assist you.

My understanding is that when you import footage through the desktop app, it will create proxies for you to edit with. Upon export, it will use the original files at their original quality and bitrate.

To be honest, I'm surprised to hear that your export is not looking like the original footage. Are you on the desktop? Mac or PC?

Or have I waited too long and you've already fixed your problem?

Let me know! I'd love an update on how the app is working for you.

Caroline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2018 Nov 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for getting back to me Caroline!

I'm using a Windows PC with everything up to date, and I just started a new project with the same clips and exported in 4k 60fps quality and the file quality is the exact same as the last time a few weeks back. 

I have a pretty new Lenovo AiO system with an SSD, 16GB of RAM, a Core i7, and a GTX 950M -- but given all that I find the app to be unresponsive fairly frequently, and less stable overall than Premiere Pro.  I'm not a hardcore video editor by any means, and I was hoping that Rush could be a nice lighter-weight option (kind of like Lightroom CC).  But so far given the low quality 4k exports are looking to be a deal breaker.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 12, 2018 Nov 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Totally understandable. We're gonna get this thing to work with 4k if it kills us.

Downloaded some 4k footage to play with and see if I can get it to export correctly! Stand by.

-Caroline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines