• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing media in projects in Premiere Rush

New Here ,
Feb 12, 2020 Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on a project on premiere rush (mobile)  but when I open the app and select my project, some of my media isn't there. It is just a blank box. It has the same editing and effects as when the media's is there, it just isn't showing the video.

Is there a way to get my videos to show again? (I don't have the "don't view button" selected)

I also can't upload anymore media - I get an "error importing media" message when I try to do so.

title edited by mod

DEEDC8DC-F3E6-4ECB-9A2F-AA6673F95FD3.png

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 14, 2020 Feb 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for writing in. It looks like your media files are offline. Here is a link of the community thread that discusses a similar issue, take a look at some suggestions: https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-rush/after-rush-opens-my-video-grayed-out-where-are-my-video...

I also can't upload anymore media - I get an "error importing media" message when I try to do so. - What type of media files are you trying to import?

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Kartika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 14, 2020 Feb 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello  Yoonfnm,

Very sorry for the inconvenience here. We are investigating this issue right now and hope to have it fixed ASAP. In the meantime, if possible, you could sync your project and complete the project on the desktop or Android.

It would be very helpful if you can tell me what type of file is offline (was it recorded on your iPhone or another camera/app?). If you could also share the file with me that would be great!

Lastly, if you want to track the progress on this issue, you can add your vote here: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/916423/suggestions/39692695

Thanks,

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2020 Feb 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issues and its seriously affecting my productivity 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 26, 2020 Feb 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Marty, happy to look into this for you! Would you mind answering a couple of questions so we can further our investigation?

Could you tell me what kind of media you're editing? What did you use to film it? 

Caroline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2022 Jun 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This thread seems to be from 2 years ago and the situation is still the same! I have continual trouble locating my media from the folders via Adobe Premier Ruh while I know for a fact the files are definitely in these folders and nothing is 'offline'. One should be able to locate offline files as well anyways.

Especially MP4 video files, longer ones, seem to just get blocked from your software. And there's no way to give an exact path for Premiere Rush to open the file either. This is a major flaw in your software that one cannot find the files to work with. Please resolve the issue. I'd like to be contacted on this as well, please. 

BR,

Kate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2023 Jan 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This isn't fixed. Ruined a presentation I had to give..I walked away for literall 10 min after editing. And Rush offloaded ALLLLLLL my content. WHY? WHY? WHYYYYYYYYYYYYY?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm with the same problem! All the work i started on Iphone, and checked to sync automatically, but now , the videos and voices that i recorded is missing, I hope that I don't lost everything.

Did you got a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2020 Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the rush start to download files, I don't know why if all the videos was in my iphone.... After that the videos appeared back in the project but the voice recorded in adobe rush didn't, also i can't find it in any place.... So I stoped sync the project.

I'm really upset with this app... I lost a lot of work and time....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2020 Jul 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same exact issue. I have been working the whole day and when I was ready to export my 3 mins video all sorts of problem occurred. First Adobe Rush do not render on the app no matter what I did to fix it. Second, when I tried to use my deskstop the app give me the issues being mentioned her. I am very FRUSTATED with this app. Will be cancelling my subscrition and spreading the word that this is app is a HUGE waste of time. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2020 Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. So much precious time down the drain. Help! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here! How adobe can justify charging people for this app is just insulting. I have all brand new equipment so it isn't tech error. the desktop version is a huge waste of time, red errors and missing media on ipad/iPhone/windows desktop each time I use it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also experiencing grayed out edited media.

when I add the same clips a second time, they gray out too.

I do not work between desktop and iPhone, I work iPhone only.

none of the troubleshooting tips I've searched for online have helped with this at all.

Any solutions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @beckym32065284 

Can you send a screenshot of the issue? What happens when you long press on the clip? Do you get a menu that says Connect Media? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2021 Aug 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. When I go to reconnect media, I get a spinning blue wheel, then it disappears, but the media is not linked. Additionally, relinking media every time I open the program is unacceptable. This is affecting my ability to work, my income, and my sanity. I'm on a brand new iPad Pro with up to date OS, I've logged out, reinstalled, literally everything suggested here and not only can I not access my projects in rush, they also won't load in pro on my desktop, same disconnected media issue. Two years this issue has been called out, and it's still here. At this point I just want a reduced price\refund on part of my cc subscription since it's not cheap and doesn't actually include a functional editing program for mobile devices, just a place to lose hours of work the moment you close your device. I've attached screenshots. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I am having the same issue! I basically redid the entire video portion bc it was grayed out.  Now it says a file is missing and can't share even though I haven't deleted any of the files. only worked on my ipad but checked across all devices

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 25, 2021 Sep 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue. Spent all morning editing a video and now it's gone.  Adobe used to produce good software but in the last few years there are increasing problems like this. What bugs me most is their policy to eliminate support: no email support, no chat support, and phone support wait times measured in 1/2 days and not minutes.  I feel like a sucker for trying to hang in there with Adobe software.  It's low quality software from a company who no longer cares about its customers.      

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 22, 2022 Feb 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is still an issue - two years later. Adobe has become a very unresponsive, bloated and ineffective company. Rush is a giant waste of time. Still no solution. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 23, 2022 Apr 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This also occurs if you move the original footage to another location after the project is completed. The worst part is that unlike InDesign where you can source the file by the exact name and relink the file and automatically any other files in the same location there doesn't seem to be a way to even show what the missing file name is or relink. That's a big fail I think. Fine if you don't want to re-edit ever again, but that's a pretty rare occurence. Unless someone has a way to relink automatically?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2022 Apr 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem - many times. After many calls to support the tech finally said I should be using the desktop version of Rush - that they don't support the iOS version and that it was unstable. I had so many projects lost or destroyed. The desktop is no better - Rush is just a real poor solution. Premier is great but if you want a simpler iOS based solution it's not Rush.

I swithced to LumaVision and wow, what a difference. It has so many features Rush doesn't (key frames, tracking, stabilization...) but mostly it's simple, easy to use and STABLE! I will eventually delete Rush when I can figure out how to save my old, corrupted projects. But at least now I am spending my time creating instead to troubleshooting. 

Gregor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2023 Apr 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello all,

I also switched to LumaFusion when my subscription ran out. $30 one time payment for a stable product designed for mobile vs $100 annually for a crash factory. LOL. Thanks Adobe for reaching us the way the world works. Seriously though thank you to the workers to do their best to support the customers of a sinking ship.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines