• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Move Creative Cloud Files/Adobe/Assets to another drive for Rush Premiere

Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2023 Jan 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After finding Creative Cloud Files/Adobe/Assets using a lot of space on my C: drive and also being under OneDrive so backing up huge files, I tried to move it using the Creative Cloud Desktop: Preferences>Syncing>Folder Location.

That SEEMED to work, but today while using Premiere Rush, the app put large "Proxy" files back into the old location. These seem like temporary cache files so I don't want them going onto my C:/OneDrive.

I've searched online, in Creative Cloud and Premiere Rush but not finding how to move those as well. What am I overlooking?

TOPICS
Desktop version , How to , Storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 17, 2023 Apr 17, 2023

Figured this out if anyone else has this problem; there was one more step besides what had been recommended elsewhere.

1) Move the location of the synch drive: In Creative Cloud choose Preferences>Syncing and then change the Folder Location

2) Now delete the original Creative Cloud folder. For some reason, so long as the original folder was still there, Premiere Rush continued to use it. To feel safe, I just changed the folder name at first and then deleted it after seeing Rush was using the new f

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 08, 2023 Jan 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Sync to Creative Cloud is selected for your project, then Premiere Rush will create optimized media that it saves to a folder in your Creative Cloud account. That option is enabled by default, so if you don't want your files synced there, then you can deselect it. Here's more info on syncing:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2023 Jan 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Myra. These appear to be Premiere Rush cache files that I'd like to move out of the OneDrive location because there is no point in backing them up, but there doesn't seem to be an option to change the cache location.

As far as synching, my Creative Cloud synch folder is already relocated to another drive. Thank you though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2023 Apr 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Figured this out if anyone else has this problem; there was one more step besides what had been recommended elsewhere.

1) Move the location of the synch drive: In Creative Cloud choose Preferences>Syncing and then change the Folder Location

2) Now delete the original Creative Cloud folder. For some reason, so long as the original folder was still there, Premiere Rush continued to use it. To feel safe, I just changed the folder name at first and then deleted it after seeing Rush was using the new folder location.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines