• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop PNG files are created with a black background and import with black into Premier Rush

New Here ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am exporting 8 bit RGB Photoshop files in PNG format to my desktop.  They appear with a black background when I open them to view them or import them into Premier Rush. I need them to be transparent.

I am working in the most updated versions of Photoshop (24.0) and Premier Rush (2.5).  I have also downloaded an older version of Premier Rush (1.5.58), as recommended in another post.

Super frustrating.

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There are a few reasons why your PNG might not be transparent in Photoshop. One reason is that you are using the wrong file format. You should be using a PNG-24 (not PNG-8) file format to ensure transparency. Another reason is that your image might have an alpha channel, but it is not set as the transparency channel.
Hope this helps!
Make sure to press "✔ Correct Answer" on this post if this answers your question. Happy Creating!
Anissa • @anissat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines