• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Please, explain to me like i m a 7 year old, why deleted files keep reappearing in creativecloud

Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2021 Dec 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, i recently found out that i have the Adobe Premiere Rush app (mobile version 2.0) in my account.

I gave it a go and i was really happy with how easy it is to use, as i am a starter and an amateur at video editing. 

I use the app on my desktop with windows 10. I use the app only for me and only on one device. 

I started a 4 minute project until at some point, after a lot of work, the screen became red with a white exclamation mark in the middle and a message that my storage is full.

I panicked and start deleting files from the cloud freeing up storage but red screen didn't changed. I deleted all files from the project and imported the last exported file. 

Now that i did some research i have the file syncing on all the time and i m permantly deleting files from the cloud and the assets folder but files keep reappearing.

After reading a lot of posts i still dont undestand what is going on with the app and the cloud.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 14, 2021 Dec 14, 2021

Hi @Marios+ 

I'm not sure why deleteed assets keep appearing in Rush. Here's a few ways to turn off sync in Rush. 

• When creating a new project,
    1. Click on the Create new project button
    2. From the Media Browser, disable the "Sync with Creative Cloud" checkbox in the bottom left corner of the Rush UI. 
    3. That setting is remembered so future projects will be saved locally only. 
  • For existing projects 
    1.  Launch Rush 
    2.  From the project browser, select the 3 dots > Select "Turn sync off" from the cont

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 11, 2021 Dec 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you delete contents from your Cloud storage Deleted files folder?

And did you delete files from the Creative Cloud Files folder on your computer hard drive which auto syncs to Cloud storage?

Creative Cloud Assets https://assets.adobe.com
- Synced files
- Cloud documents
- Deleted files

Lightroom https://lightroom.adobe.com
- Photos
- Albums
- Edited files
- Imported files
- Deleted files

Document Cloud https://documentcloud.adobe.com
- All documents
- Starred files
- Shared files

Adobe Spark https://spark.adobe.com
- Projects
- Brand files
- Graphics
- Web pages
- Videos

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2021 Dec 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I m using the Premiere Rush app to create a video for my personal collection. I m using the app on a single device.

Why do i need cloud storage? Why do i need file syncing?

Why cloud app keeps syncing and brings back permanent deleted files and loading up my storage?

Did you delete contents from your Cloud storage Deleted files folder? Yes

And did you delete files from the Creative Cloud Files folder on your computer hard drive which auto syncs to Cloud storage? Yes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 13, 2021 Dec 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect Premier Rush saves everything to the Cloud by default.  I don't use it myself.   In any case, I'll move this question to the Premier Rush community for you where other product users can help you.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 14, 2021 Dec 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Marios+ 

I'm not sure why deleteed assets keep appearing in Rush. Here's a few ways to turn off sync in Rush. 

• When creating a new project,
    1. Click on the Create new project button
    2. From the Media Browser, disable the "Sync with Creative Cloud" checkbox in the bottom left corner of the Rush UI. 
    3. That setting is remembered so future projects will be saved locally only. 
  • For existing projects 
    1.  Launch Rush 
    2.  From the project browser, select the 3 dots > Select "Turn sync off" from the context menu. 

Hope this helps! 

Peter 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2021 Dec 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Peter for the tips

It took me a while but now i think i finally got it. 

If you do not work the same project on different devices or you do not work on the same project with other people, you dont need cloud storage. You turn off file syncing and save on your device.

Red screen, with an exclamation mark, means that you deleted the original file or moved it to another folder.

You right click on the red screen and choose for Premiere Rush to find the file again.

(Explanation for 7 year olds)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines