• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro and Premiere Rush not responding

New Here ,
Oct 14, 2019 Oct 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neither my desktop installed Premiere Pro and Premiere Rush are not loading. Each are non responsive and have to be force quit, they never load. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling both apps, as well as going into my terminal and allow access to the temp files in Utilities on Mac OS from another forum recommendation. Unfortunately the call wait is over 50 minutes which I cannot wait that long for. I am running Catalina 10.15, not having any problems with the other apps which seems weird and the Creative Cloud desktop app is working fine as well. 

TOPICS
Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 15, 2019 Oct 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, this is happening. Can you please provide a sample process to us and logs? Here's how to grab a 

1. Launch the "Activity Monitor" application
  2. Select Rush (while it's not responding)
  3. Once Rush is selected, click the "Sample Process" button at the top and a new window will 
  4. Choose the Save.. button and select a location to which you wish to save the Sample Process
  5. You can now share the Sample Process with us (Dropbox, WeTransfer, etc)

Also, getting your logs would be helpful. You can access those here: 

~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Common/Team Projects Local Hub

Sorry again for the trouble and thanks for being willing to get us this information.

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Peter! What email should I send this WeTransfer to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pgaraway at adobe dot com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing. I'll get back to you as soon as we have something. Thanks for your patience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! Also want to report that this issue is also happening with my photoshop application but I can get projects open but it frequently goes into not responding randomly. This problem was not happening with Photoshop but I did recently update my laptop to OS Catalina 10.15. I had not opened Premiere Rush prior to updating my laptop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 16, 2019 Oct 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the delay. Still working with the team to understand this issue. Just want to let you know we're still investigating. Seems to be related to fonts on the system. Can you confirm you're still in this bad state? Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No worries, I understand. I am still having the issue cant open it. I did notice however with Photoshop that if i open the app by itself without opening a file that it does load initializing type tool for a minute or two and then I can open the files fine. Are there bugs in specific fonts that I can just remove from my laptop ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you happen to know if you have any third-party fonts installed on your system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not quite sure but I did just have my font program on my computer go through the files on my computer and there were files with errors that i have removed. After doing that I did just try to open Rush again but still getting the not responding.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I most likely do have third party fonts however I have never had an issue opening Rush prior and have always had these exact fonts on my laptop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is only the video editing apps this is happening too. Premiere Pro, Premiere Rush and now After Effects which was working prior even when Rush was not working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2019 Oct 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another update. I tried opening rush again and just letting it sit and I got it to open after leaving it for awhile. It needs access to folders throughout my computer which I’m assuming is the issue. Is there anyway you can tell me how to give all my adobe applications access? Is there a option I need to toggle on for this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's interesting. I know Catalina made a number of changes to permissions for apps and files. Can you verify that your folders and Adobe apps have the correct permissions in Settings > Security & Privacy > Privacy?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So it looks like I cannot give access from that panel to all adobe applications, but the programs that I was having trouble with now have access. Do they just need access to the files and folders program or do they need full disk access?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 13, 2020 Sep 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am also having this problem with Rush. Can I send the sample process to the address below for diagnostics? I had a deadline that it looks like I now can't make.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines