mostly macbook air - school laptops on loan to students = 4GB RAM, i5
processor, Catalina 10.15; however, several students have their own devices
with 8GB RAM and report similar problems
*Problems with Rush (comments from students)*
- *while editing sequence program freezes and has to be forcibly quit*
- *with only 3 clips in the timeline, playback is jerky - doesn't play
smooth like a video*
- *adding a new clip or other asset to timeline the ball starts spinning
and need to wait 10+ seconds for it to show up*
- *difficulty exporting the video as an mp4 (two students reported it
said it would take 2-4 hours to render!!)*
- *imported media (photo, video) showing up as black in the timeline -
can't see it*
I selected Rush as a tool in video production this semester because I
thought it would be a "lite" version of Premiere Pro, friendlier and easier
for students to learn in our hybrid schedule. Unfortunately, it has been a
nightmare with students ultimately getting so frustrated they have gone
back to using iMovie which appears more reliable/stable.
We are an educational enterprise licensee using the whole Creative Cloud
suite of software and this program has created the most consistent
difficulty of any in the group.
Are other users reporting similar problems? If not, can you offer any
suggestions for why we are experiencing this?
Thanks for any help you can provide.
Chair, Arts & Technology Dept
(207) 799-3309 ext 4203
Freedom of Access law, documents - including e-mail - about
district business are classified as public records and may be
*Open Minds and Open Doors