• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Rush 'Not Responding'

New Here ,
Dec 18, 2018 Dec 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there - tried the free trial of P Rush - even during the tutorial every time I tried to use any features it kept freezing with and not responding. I use Photoshop and LR without any issues.

Not sure what info you would need but I will share what I know.

Processor: i5-8400 2.8ghz

Ram 16gb

64 bit operating system

Thanks!

TOPICS
Desktop version

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 19, 2018 Dec 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey JaronD!

That's super weird. I wonder what's going on!

Which version of Rush are you using? Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling?

-Caroline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2018 Dec 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Caroline - thank you for the reply. I am installing it via the adobe cloud app on windows so I assume the most current version? I did try to uninstall and reinstall - it had the same effect. Works for a few seconds then goes into a non-responding state. Even scrubbing through the 3 minute tutorial video gets a non-responding, then goes then non-responding again. 

Again, I use Photoshop CC with zero issues and Lightroom. Is there any other info you would need from about my computer maybe?

Thank you!

J

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 02, 2019 Jan 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome, m0iam!

What kind of footage are you both using?

-Caroline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2019 Aug 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Caroline,

I have the same issue I installed premier rush 1.2 in my Yoga 920 Intel I7-8550U 1.8Ghz 1.99Ghz 16 GB Ram with the latest version of windows 10 pro 1903. everytime I try to open a file MP4 or other type of file is not responding.

Thank you

Jorge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2019 Oct 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got the exact same setup as jorgelog69 and the same problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2019 Sep 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Caroline

i just upgraded my Premiere Rush and subscribe for 1 month at $10

and as soon as i start to edit Rush stop to respond do you guys have a solution for this problem

please help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 30, 2018 Dec 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same problems. Gets not responding when I try to do something like scrubbing, adding filters or basiclly anything!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2019 Jan 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this is a known issue of installing Adobe Apps other than C Drive. This rises issues on other threads which produce so much bugs when you install to other than C Drive. It quite annoying but need some manual config to delete/alter files to prevent this behavior continue. Known issues as Flickering Cursor always happen to those who install Adobe App on other than C Drive. Hope this issue will persists in future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2019 Jan 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. I've checked out Adobe Rush (version 1.0.2) , which I think looks great as well appears simple to use, matching the look and feel of other applications in the Adobe product range such as Lightroom CC.

However...every time I try to do something the software goes 'not responding'.

• I have tried a couple of GoPro videos as well as the Adobe samples.
  • I have Windows 10  I5 laptop, 8GB and Solid state disk which handles Lightroom CC flawlessly and although its not a super spec laptop I would have thought it could handle Rush.
  • Seems like this is the software, I have also rebuild my laptop just in case to no avail.
  • I hope the next patch will improve as I would like to subscribe to this applicable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2019 Jan 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have continued to have a play with this. I have stopped sync (I only have the Free 2GB as I've not decided If I want to pay for this yet)

Rush seems more stable, no hangs - so my performance issue may be related to the sync process? I have a Fibre broadband connection, so its not an internet speed related issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2019 Jan 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same issue. It is installed on my c drive and i am  not synching. Just clicking on anything is enough to make it freeze. This is a new lenovo yoga 730. Hardly anything on it it mo. Smacks of a bug to me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2019 Jan 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too!

Just installed Rush - even the tutorial locks up and goes "not responding" multiple times per minute.  Tried rebooting.

I have a top tier HP Spectre x360 with i7 8th Gen, 16 GB, Discrete Video, Win 10 with all updates all other programs work fine

Adobe!  Doesn't inspire confidence....

Josh Brown

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As an aside - I disabled my internet connection (maybe so Rush would disable syncing...) and Rush all of a sudden behaved nicely for even a whole minute before "Not responding".  A little better- wow, how exciting!  Giving up now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And to the person who asked about what video footage - it was happening when I chose the SAMPLE footage when you first open Rush - but other than that - I am using a single 5 minute 1080p clip from my canon DSLR.  and a single wav file separately.  Rush really stinks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2019 Jan 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As does customer support... No reply since I posted mine 5 days ago. Sounds like you have exactly the same problems I do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 17, 2019 Mar 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running Rush on a Dell XPS 15 9550 with 8Gb RAM, a 256Gb SSD and 1Tb HD.  I get more hangs and no responds than I've been used to since the nineties.  How Adobe with all their resources can produce such a flawed and mediocre product when LumaFusion works perfectly and far more powerfully and is produced by a few enthusiasts in a shed I have no idea.  Go figure. I teach video production and am turning my students away from Rush until they do something massive to improve it.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2019 Oct 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got the exactly same problem with Rush.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2019 Oct 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I have 8gb Ram AMD Ryzen 7 64bit with Radeon Vega and GTX1650 why am I having a CONSISTENT non responding message? I was half way through my edit was working fine last night and today I open first the audio for the song I was using kept popping like my speaker was blown but the video audio played and the video as well with NO PROBLEM after rebooting now everytime I try to press play it WONT and stops responding??? I updated ALL my windows and system requirements I've rebooted 3 times and reinstalled what the hell is going on?! Literally spent $1,500 for  a laptop that could handle my editing and now the program doesn't even work? LOL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2019 Oct 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Similar issues on my Dell G3 / i5 / 8GB / Win10, but with a twist. It seems here however that after the number of edits in the sequence starts getting high, then Rush starts doing the not-responding thing. Rebooting doesn't seem to fix the issue as the Rush starts not-responding almost immediately after opening the project. New projects work fine, until the sequence gets a little complex, and then it hangs. Sometimes I can force-quit rush, other times I have to hard-restart the computer as it freezes the entire system (sometimes the mouse cursor will still respond, other times the cursor freezes on screen too). Running the latest version of Rush, with all OS updates and driver updates applied.

As a side note (perhaps a topic for another thread), Illustrator is behaving really slow / not-responding on this same computer 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2020 May 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello everybody,

In May 2020 I still had this issue and after quite a lot of research, I found out how to use Rush with zero issues. In the CC app, go to the Beta applications, and there is a beta version of Premiere Rush which works much better than the original one.

Hope this will have helped you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines