Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Rush playback just showing black screen

New Here ,
Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys, 

Hopefully it's okay to post here? Not quite familiar with posting here as it's first time. Anyways, I've been trying to use premiere rush to edit a video for the first time, I'm on my PC (Windows 10). My main issue right now is the footage I've put into my project, when I try to play it the sound works fine and all but the footage just shows a black screen! Until I pause it... I looked at some game footage I had that was 1080p it seems that plays back fine. Currently the footage I'm using is I think 2k footage shot from my DJI Osmo Action. It's driving me nuts I just want to get this started and done. As you can imagine it's hard to work on editing a video if you can't even see what's going on when you're trying to play it back!

Edit: I've tried clearing the cache, as well as uninstalling and reinstalling and still no fix.

TOPICS
Desktop version , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019

Hi nabs141, 

Thanks for the details, and let us know what you've already tried. 

Several things can cause the monitor displaying black. Here are a few things you can try to resolve it

Update your graphics card driver.  

If you have Intel card https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/detect.html

If you have an Nvidia card:

https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

Open the Rush project Go to the File menu > View > Enable "Use Optimized Clips"

Let us know if eith

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi nabs141, 

Thanks for the details, and let us know what you've already tried. 

Several things can cause the monitor displaying black. Here are a few things you can try to resolve it

Update your graphics card driver.  

If you have Intel card https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/detect.html

If you have an Nvidia card:

https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

Open the Rush project Go to the File menu > View > Enable "Use Optimized Clips"

Let us know if either of these solutions helps or not. 

Thanks, 

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2019 Dec 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks @Peter,
"Use Optimized Clips worked for me" 🙂

br Jukka

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2020 Jan 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same problem. Would love an answer.

I'm on a Windows 10 with Nvidia Geforce RTX 2060, all drivers and Os up-to-date. My video is 2.7k filmed with a DJI Mavic Mini drone and is saved in MP4 format.

I've tried the "fixes" you suggest but they did not work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 24, 2020 Jan 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi WPS, 

Is your project synced to Creative Cloud? If not, you will need to enable sync to use "Optimized Clips". Sorry, I should have made that clear. 

If you do not want to sync your project and media you can go to the Sequence menu > Select "Prepare for Playback"  

You should see a blue progress circle in the top right of the app. Once that is complete please try playing back your sequence.

Let us know how it goes. Happy Friday!

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2023 Mar 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing at all happens when I click "Optimized Clips" or "Prepare for Playback." For all I know the input isn't even registering. It's a 45 second clip that worked yesterday and today it's just a black screen. Drivers are up to date. This sure seems to be a common, pervasive problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2020 Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "fixes" do not work for me either. My footage is also 2.7k filmed with a DJI Mavic Mini.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2020 Jan 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Premiere Rush on Windows 10.  I'm using 2.7k video filmed with a DJI Mavic Mini.  I can say that both proposed solutions work for me.  "Use Optimized Clips" worked as did "Prepare for Playback".  Not sure why I would want one over the other but both seem to work.

Upon further testing, if I DON'T select "Use Optimized Clips" the transitions don't render correctly.  Using Optimized Clips and they do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2020 Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know it's a bit late but just thought I'd confirm - this fix you provided (#2) worked a treat for me, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2022 Mar 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of this works.  MOV files from my dash cam show up fine, but MOV files from other sources don't.  I've done EVERYTHING suggested and nothing works.  All my stuff is compatible and up to date.  It should not be this hard in this day and age for it to just work with all file formats, especially from common video files used everywhere.  Very disappointed in Adobe with this product.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2022 May 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

agreed.  
it's pathetic really.  
the Adobe subscription isn't cheap and it's literally been years now that this black monitor screen issue has been ongoing.    
I came back a year later - updated Rush and it still does the same infuriating crash every five minutes. And goes to a black

monitor.      
what a waste of my time.  

wow - why sell a product of the stupid thing doesn't even work.     Just wrong. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2020 Apr 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am having the same problem - black screen and sound only, on my Android phone.  Any solution for this?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am saving the same problem too, my video is 40 min long with tons of different clips so I don't want to risk restarting all over again with local files (I'm using files from dropbox). During export it comes out as a black screen.... very sad. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi hirelisafordesign (nice name :))

I've seen a few reports of this happening now, although I have not been able to make it happen on my mobile devices.

Getting the following info will be helpful in trying to resolve the issue 

1. What device and OS do you have?
  2. What type of media is in your project(iPhone, DSLR, etc.)? 
  3. Does this issue occur with all projects, or is this is a specific project? 

After you export the project that shows black video, can you please send me the logs from your device? 

1. Launch Rush 
  2. From the Project Browser, tap on the gear icon (top left of screen) 
  3. Tap on Preferences > Share logs  

@Delta31 - Does your issue occur in the exported file or within Rush?

1. What device and OS do you have?
  2. What type of media is in your project(iPhone, DSLR, etc.)? 

Thanks,

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter, 

Thanks for replying, 

1) The device is an iPad Pro bought in 2018, software version 13.3.1.

2) The types of media are some music and voice audio, some jpgs and pngs, (all exporting fine) and talking head .mov files and .mp4 files filmed on an iPhone 7 Plus from 2017, and some .mov b-roll from a Sony camera (not mine so I don't know the make). Some videos export and some don't (a majority) from both cameras. 

3) This is my second project on Rush so I can't say, although I did have a problem exporting my first project as well in Dec 2019 where the program kept crashing so I didn't resume it.

Here are the logs.

https://shared-assets.adobe.com/link/a776aff6-a83e-450c-5c93-5e65a2e4c526

Thanks appreciate any help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've also had some feedback from an agent on the chat mentioning that because I uploaded my files from Dropbox, there is a bug that shows the video in a black screen on export. The solution he gave me was to wait for the next update and engineers have already been notified (but how long will that be?) My video is all ready and I want to upload it already.

The whole reason why I used Rush was because it had a function to upload from Dropbox, a feature many other video editing apps don't have. I don't want to take up a lot of local storage space as I'm sharing my iPad with a family member so I opted for Dropbox. To have it not render correctly upon export after a week and half of edit is very disheartening.

Today I just tried downloading all my files and keeping it locally, changing one of the clips to the one stored on the iPad, but on the export screen it shows black. I haven't exported it yet but I fear it may be the same result. It might not even be a Dropbox issue but just an export issue on Rush. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to mention the clips were filmed 

In May 2019 (B-Roll)

and just now in April 2020 (Talking Head).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@petergaraway

I have the same problems too.my video goes black during editing but sound is audible .my android device version is 10+ but though I am facing the problem.please help me out fast because I am doing my project

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Better if you change your editor! Hard lesson learned!

This app I found works better for short videos with minimal edits. Don’t
risk an important edit with this app. Or do it in parts. Like if your video
is 40 min, edit 20min in one project and 20min in another, export
separately and combine again. Don’t risk all 40min in one edit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2020 Jun 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to fix that problem in android please reply sir

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2020 Dec 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys,

I have the same exact issue, tried the fixes but did not work for me.

Then I tried duplicating the footage that was blackout, and it worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2021 Mar 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Adobe I faced the same problem as the person mentioned above but I'm using premier Pro rush in Android 10 face same problem several times, uninstall or Install the app couples time but didn't get any results,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of these solutions worked on Windows 10.  It's completely unusable. This is the worst software I have ever encountered in my entire life. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2021 May 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Subscribed yesterday, filmed on iPhone, airdropped to m1 Mac mini, edited in rush. Export and some clips are black and not rendered. Total waste of money this is basic

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2021 Jun 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting the same thing. After days of editing and at the end i found out more than half of my project assets are just blackscreen after rendering......so frustrating

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines