• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pro Res file type not supported by premier rush?

New Here ,
Nov 06, 2022 Nov 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a windows computer so my only option to work with pro res film is through premier rush internally through the iPhone alone. I am confused why I cannot directly upload the prores film to the app. I understand that the desktop functionality is there, however, I cannot get my prores film on premier pro without it compressing to MOV.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 08, 2022 Nov 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Carter:

All movies recorded on an iPhone with the Camera app are MOV files, be it "More Compatible" (H264) mode, "High Efficiency" (H265) mode, or "Apple ProRes" mode.

How are you transferring our iPhone Apple ProRes video recordings to your Windows computer?  Some methods will transcode large video files (like ProRes) to smaller files to make transfering video more low-bandwidth friendly.  Of course, when it's footage that we plan to use in our edit we want to avoid this.

Here's Apple's official list of options for transferring files between our iPhone and our computer:

https://support.apple.com/guide/iphone/intro-to-transferring-files-iphf2d851b9/ios

To avoid unintentional transcoding and to better work with large video files, I'd go with Transfer files between your iPhone and computer with an external storage device.

-Warren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines