Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Project Opening to Blank Screen - Source media relocated

New Here ,
Oct 16, 2022 Oct 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All

I was running out of storage space, so I relocated some of the uncut footage from my laptop to another computer. I didn't think I touched the media for my current project, but turns out I did. I immediately put the video files back to their location, however, now every time I open the project, I'm left with a blank black screen. It's not loading any part of the project or any editing screens. 

HELP! I've spent HOURS on this project. *cries*

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 16, 2022 Oct 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Stephanie! 

You can check for two scenarios:

1) Your project never fully finished syncing to Creative Cloud --> check for a blue circle link in the upper right corner of the project, next to the undo/redo arrows. Make sure it goes blue ALL THE WAY around, indicating that it's syncing; it'll disappear when all assets are uploaded and ready to use in the project.

2) You may not have deleted your project assets, but if you MOVED them before the project fully synced, that would definitely cause the missing assets indicators that you've shown. RIGHT/CONTROL Click on one of your clips, and look for the "Find & Connect" to point to your files' new locations.

Hope this helps!

Hope this helps!
Make sure to press "✔ Correct Answer" on this post if this answers your question. Happy Creating!
Anissa • @anissat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines