• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Recording Voiceover with Mono Mic: Can't get Rush to record to both R and L Channels

New Here ,
Jan 27, 2020 Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want my voiceover to be heard on both the L and R channels, but my mono mic is only recording to the left channel. How can I adjust this so that I get my voiceover heard on both channels? I can't find a way to tell Rush that I am recording mono, and I can't find a way to duplicate the track and "reassign" it to the R channel. Does anyone have insight into solving this issue?

TOPICS
Feature request , How to , Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 28, 2020 Jan 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Preston, 

There is currently no way to pan or duplicate channels in Rush. You can easily do this in Premiere Pro if you have that available or I've seen cool online converters as well like this one here https://online-audio-converter.com/

You can add your support for audio panning in Rush here

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/916423/suggestions/35836840

Thanks!

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its ridiculous that this is impossible in adobe rush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2022 Nov 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem with a stereo mic... I recorded stereo video with the same microphone and same computer, but when I start overdubbig in Rush I only have a left channel. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2022 Dec 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a decent work around

record into voice memos > copy > paste in project folder > import
definitley not the best solution, but working for me ✌️

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2022 Dec 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NEVERMIND - did not work, don't know how to delete my post. sorry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2023 Apr 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really need this function, too....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2023 May 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem and found a quick workaround that works for me:
Click on your audio clip in rush.In the channel field you will most likely see a waveform for channel 1 and silence for channel 2. You can drag and drop those two so that they change position. Do that. Afterwards click on the "reset" arrow just above the waveforms. For me there are now two identical waveforms for channel 1 and 2 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2023 Jul 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No solution since now.. It's a typical situation having one mic on left channel and need to mix it to mono. Should be easy to fix, Adobe... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2023 Sep 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just get on my GoPro or something and watch my video and do the voiceover right into my GoPro and then upload it or whatever and just use the voice part of the editing or the voiceover whatever just ways to work around it at works great actually 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines