• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rush keeps Crashing During Rendering

New Here ,
Jan 22, 2021 Jan 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep having issues with rendering certain videos. It's difficult to point my finger on the exact one but sometimes it exports fine and other times it will freeze part way through. i.e. a project will either work or it won't. Then either the program crashes and I force quit or my computer freezes and I have to do a hard reset.

I do a lot of video creation for work and have this program installed on my work and home PCs. I'm able to export no problem with my work but my recently purchased Dell XPS 15 is causing these issues and it's REALLY frustrating.

I am using the latest version of Rush (1.5.44) on my home computer (2020 XPS 15 with 16 GB Ram and i7 processor. It's a super good computer so I know it's not this). 

TOPICS
Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2021 May 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't really have anything to add, except that this is happening to me too after this recent update. Also have 16 GB RAM. Have the latest version, etc etc etc. I don't know how I'm going to get this video exported...it's crashed a dozen times now. Guess I'll just keep fiddling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2021 May 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: When I changed to manual export settings (no presets), I got a successful export. Hopefully this will work for others as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2021 Jul 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2021 Jul 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you go to the Share tab to start exporting, click Advanced Settings. Then choose a new setting from any of the categories (for this example I'll use resolution). When you change the resolution, it should automatically throw the Preset dropdown to an option called custom. Then you can just change the resolution back to what it was and bam, you're back to the preset export settings you were looking for, only now it's technically "custom" and won't make the program crash (hopefully)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2021 Jul 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This almost worked for me (changing to custom actually got it to do a bit of work, before it crashed). I hope Adobe sorts this out ASAP because this 24 second clip is apparently too much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2021 Jul 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Best of luck! Try changing the export file name, too...that worked for me one time. If there's anything consistent about Rush: it always finds a new way to crash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I have encountered the same issue too that the Rush simply crashed by itself gazillions of times when I was exporting.

Even before I clicked on Export, it already crashed. My video is only around 1 minute, approx. 93 MB (for the end result) and I have changed the advanced setting upon exporting to 'Custom'.

I still have plenty of storage available on my desktop. Have tried to restart, have tried to update to the latest software version, have renamed the file.

I am applying one of the preset titles from their 'gallery', though. Could it be the cause of the issue?
Can anyone help if you still encounter the same reoccuring issue or someone from Adobe, please??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I got to a point where Rush was crashing every 10 minutes or so, usually for no reason at all. I finally accepted that it can only handle the smallest, most basic of editing jobs and switched to Premiere Pro. Several months later and Premiere has only crashed a couple times, even when processing complex graphics. Rush is just terminally glitchy.

As frustrating as it is--especially since Rush is a program that you pay good money for--I would recommend switching to Premiere moving forward.

Unfortunately I don't have any solutions for your current problem, except to continue changing file, folder, and editing details until it budges.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines