Exit

Rush project will not open

Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Rush 1.5.54 from Creative Cloud

Windows 10

I have 3 projects in Rush at the minute.

The application opens without issue.

2 of the projects open without issue. 

1 of the projects will not open.

I click the project and nothing happens. The only thing that 'happens' is that the application window will flicker like it's about to load the project, but just re-loads the home, 'your projects', screen.

Was able to open the project last week.

Have tried restarting.

Have tried logging out then back in. 

Have tried uninstalling and re-installing. 

Have tried turning sync on/off 

TOPICS
Desktop version , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To add to this, the media assets for my project aren't here:

C:\Users\MYPROFILE\Documents\Adobe\Premiere Rush\Managed Media\Assets

The project also won't open in Premiere Pro 

I thought it may have been because I moved the location of the source files. I returned the source files to where they were when I made the project. That didn't help.

Would like some answers since a lot of time was spent on this project. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just posted a similar scenero.  Wonder if you got any response in the last month since you posted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe suggested turning my VPN off (need a VPN for work reasons) as a VPN can prevent things from syncing/saving properly.

This did not resolve the issue for me so it's likely that the project didn't save properly or got corrupted. 

Am yet to test on a different work device because I work remotely but will try that as well. I doubt it'll work though. 

They also suggested uninstalling / re-instaling, and closing down all Adobe proceses in Task Manager, restarting the computer and then re-opening the software. I wasn't able to try this fully as you need to be a device administator to end some processes (again for work reasons, I am not an admin on my device). 

I gave Rush a try for its simplilcity and small learning curve, but from now on I'm probably just going to use Premiere Pro so projects will have a physical file on my work computer and not rely on cloud syncing.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks so much for the response.

As for me, I am not on a VPN, so there is no reason for any syncing issues.  I don't have another device to test it on.  I have done the log-out-log-in routine a couple of times. I have not looked into what services or process might still be running after terminating.  I may try that today.

I tried Rush mainly because I just don't have $30 for a month of Premier Pro.  Just for this one project.

The only good thing is that all the source files are present, so recreating the project would not take too long.  I just don't need this to happen again, as I am on a short deadline having to get this done by the end of the week.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines