• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rush saves Proxy files on my computer

New Here ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Adobe rush saves proxy files of every imported files (that I store on an external drive) on my computer. Now I have tons of GB on my computer and Rush as well as my computer crash every time. Can I delete these proxy files? Why does Adobe rush creates these files when everything is stored on the cloud? Please help, many thanks!!

TOPICS
Cloud sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , May 17, 2023 May 17, 2023

Hi @Sandra5E6A@HVeating@David5C68, and @Frazeled_85,

Thanks for writing in. I understand you're having trouble with proxies taking up hard drive space. The proxies are needed for editing your projects. If you are done with the projects, do not need to have them synced to your mobile device, and do not need to restore a project later, it would be safe to delete them.

Why does Adobe Rush create these files when everything is stored on the cloud? Please help, many thanks!!

Only the project

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
May 28, 2021 May 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 20, 2022 Dec 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im having the same issue, and its filling up my storage with useless proxy files, is there a way to correct this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2023 May 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this issue and the customer's service doesn't seem to have a good understanding of this program. Very frustuarating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 17, 2023 May 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Sandra5E6A@HVeating@David5C68, and @Frazeled_85,

Thanks for writing in. I understand you're having trouble with proxies taking up hard drive space. The proxies are needed for editing your projects. If you are done with the projects, do not need to have them synced to your mobile device, and do not need to restore a project later, it would be safe to delete them.

Why does Adobe Rush create these files when everything is stored on the cloud? Please help, many thanks!!

Only the project file data is stored in the cloud. Media remains local on your computer or mobile device.

I hope that answers your questions. If not, return, and the community will try and help you out.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2023 Jun 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Kevin-Monahan Hi there! I was wondering if you could help me with the same issue.  I have finished working on some projects for now but I might need to work on them some time in the future. In this case, is it safe to delete the proxy files Rush has created? Or this may prevent me from accessing or editing these projects later on? Many thanks!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 21, 2023 Jun 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Carolina Creciente,

Thanks for the note. Let me ask my colleagues on the Rush product team, and I'll get back to you after they respond, OK? I want to be sure of the answer before asking you to try things.

Take Care,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 26, 2023 Jun 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there, @Carolina Creciente,

I spoke with the product team. Engineering told me the following:

If the user only wants to keep the project on the devices where the original files are stored, it is safe to delete proxies. However, if you try to open the project on a device that it didn't originate from or if the original files are deleted, the project will not be saved.

I hope that answers the question.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines