• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rush stops responding when recording a VoiceOver

New Here ,
Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I've been editing a video for a few days now and I record my voiceovers directly into Premiere Rush (I find it the easiest way to do voiceovers) and had no issues with it. Since two days ago, whenever I tried to hit record for the voiceover, the slider will slide back 5 seconds like normal to count me down to the voiceover but it stops responding after that. So I hit record, the slider slides back, and then nothing and I have to force quit the app.

Things I have tried so far:

- Clearing my caches

- Updating my OS

-Unistalling and installing the app

- Restarting my computer

- Using different audio inputs (Blue Yeti USB Microphone, and the MacBook Pro Mic)

- Duplicating the project and starting again

- deleting files so my Disk has more free space

- deleting all other projects on the Rush App

Any suggestions on what I can do next?

I am editing on a MacBookPro, macOS Big Sur, Rush Version 1.5.40

I would really appreciate help, sort of desperate.

Thank you!

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. It worked fine last week. I tried to finish the video today and it freezes and crashes everytime I try to record a voice over. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To add some detail.. The issue begins when you try to record a voiceover and the countdown sequence overlaps an edisting voiceover or audio file on the timeline. It freezes and you can only force the software to shut down. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2020 Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue and it's killing me.

Have you guys found a work around? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only work around I've found is to start my recording well enough past the other audio track and then move the recorded voice over to where I need it . 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My computer would just straight up break down after trying a few times to record so I ended up recording the voice over on the voice memo app and importing it into Rush. It was super annoying but it worked out in the end! Will let you know if a find a less tedious solution 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2021 Jan 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Following as I'm having the same issue and it's driving me crazy as I'm on a deadline. I've even moved computers thinking it might have been a memory issue. I'll try recording where there is no overlap of audio. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2021 Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. Tried everything that makes any kind of sense, but nothing worked out.

Is Adobe generally supporting or don't they care?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2021 Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only workaround that I have found is to create a new project, record
the VO, and import the assets into the existing project. Pain in the a$$
but it helped me meet my deadline.
A permanent fix would be awesome. How about it Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2021 Jan 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe your support please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines