• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rush stuck at "Preparing Media" step

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem as described here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-rush/rush-got-stuck-at-preparing-media-mac/m-p/10605661

When I open Premiere Rush on a fresh install, when I select media (either my own or when following the tutorial and using the sample media) and click "Create", the app immediately hangs on the "Preparing Media" screen. No progress appears on the progress bar. When I click "Cancel", the progress bar jumps to 100% but nothing else changes, and I have to force-quit the app.

Then if I try to reopen the app, it just hangs on the loading screen. The only way to get out of that is to:

1. Close Rush
  2. Log out of Creative Cloud
  3. Delete the contents of ~/Documents/Adobe/
  4. Log back in to Creative Cloud
  5. Re-open Rush
  6. Now I'm back at the original issue, where creating a project just hangs on "Preparing media"

13" MacBook Pro, 2.4 GHz dual core i7, 16 GB RAM, Intel Iris Graphics 540 1536 MB. macOS Big Sur 11.2.3.

How can I get around this and start being able to use Rush? Thanks!

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Hi all, 

Sorry to anyone that encountered this issue. We released Rush build 1.5.62 that should have fixed this issue. If you still experience this problem please let us know. 

Thanks for all your feedback. All the best, 

Peter 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for providing what you've tried so far. Sorry for the trouble getting into Rush. Can I have you try a few more things?

1. Sign back out of Creative Cloud 

2. Open the Activity Monitor > Force close all Creative Cloud and Adobe processes 

3. Restart your computer > Log into CC and launch Rush 

If Rush is stuck on Preparing Media again, can you please take a sample process of Rush. Here's how https://support.omnigroup.com/sample-osx/

Look forward to hearing back. 

Peter 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Peter! The 3-step process didn't work, so I've attached samples here. The first sample is from when I first open the app, right before trying to create a project. The second sample is from after I click "Create", once the app is hanging on the "Preparing media" step.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, for the reply and for providing these. Looking into now. I'll get back to you as soon as I have some more ideas. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@karzeem Sorry one follow-up question. Do you have a free, individual or business Adobe account?

Thanks! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for taking a look! On the free plan but thinking about the individual plan for Rush.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One other note, I tried this on a different computer and ran into the same problem, so I wonder if the bug is related to my account rather than any issues on the local machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's good information to know. We're still trying to figure out what's going on from our side. I'll get back to you. Appreciate your responsiveness.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Curious if you had any workarounds for me on this. It's a hard blocker for my ability to use Rush, but I'd really like to be able to do my video editing on this. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm facing exact the same problem with a paid 'photography (20GB) susbcription

Rush can't be used at all, logging in or out doesn't matter... if I delete the whole Docs\Adobe folder Rush starts with the Quick Tour but even then hangs on 'Preparing Media'.

Directly going to File - New Project is grayed out from the start, not accessible from the 'Preparing Media' screen.

Testing on 2 different Windows machines...

As long as you can;t get this working.... any possibility to allow full Premiere in the meantime?  Really need to do some video editing for my websites!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2021 Jun 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: I got around this by creating a new Adobe account. The app worked without issue on the new account. The old account was many years old, so maybe it was something related to that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, 

Sorry to anyone that encountered this issue. We released Rush build 1.5.62 that should have fixed this issue. If you still experience this problem please let us know. 

Thanks for all your feedback. All the best, 

Peter 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go! Go! Go!

The updated resolved the problem.

Thanks,
Frank

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

I am experiencing this issue on my phone (iphone 11 pro ios 14.7.1) 

Ive signed out and back in, deleted the app and re-downloaded. It seemed to make the issue worse. Before it would show the preparing media and the loading bar would get about halfway before freezing. Now it just shows this: 

EC0FB7EE-614A-49FA-A5E4-CE214696D268.png

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2021 Oct 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Umn Hi Peter. Im trying to rush but it hangs on the preparing media again. No matter what I do I can't get out of this mess.
Can you please tell what can I do ?
Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue for me and I'm running Version 1.5.62 (Build 61). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines