• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Uploading media on Mac?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2018 Oct 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have just started using Premiere Rush this last 24hrs to see how it works out. However I have ran into a problem trying to upload media files directly from my Mac. I managed to create a small project and all seemed to be fine, until I tried to add more media today. When searching using the media browser I can locate the folders that have the desired media files in them, however when I open these folders they are empty (even though I know they are not)??? The only work around I have at the moment is to move the files that I require from my Mac to my iPhone add them to my project via the iPhone app then return to the Mac to edit, this is far from ideal and do not want to sign up to the full version if this is going to be an ongoing problem. One other point to mention I have also downloaded the new MacOS Mojave yesterday, I'm not sure if this might be the problem? Any help is much appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 23, 2018 Oct 23, 2018

Hi markg70734427,

Sorry for the trouble.

Rush should be able to detect all support media files https://helpx.adobe.com/gr_en/rush/help/import-footage.html#file-format-support

Any chance you have selected any Filter(Audio only, Video Only, Image Only ) from the bottom in Media Browser. Select All Media Types option and you should be able to view all media in the corresponding folder.

Glad to help,

Mayank

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may take a few minutes to sync the proxies to your phone via WiFi, but they're connected from your CC account (free or paid).

If you have lots and lots of clips (or long durations), it may take a few minutes for those proxies to come back to the phone.

Make sure Rushp fully sync'd when you were done on the laptop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What type of media? On desktop (i.e., Mac and Windows), Rush hides unsupported file types (e.g., Raw NEF photos). [On iOS, unsupported assets are displayed but grayed out.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2018 Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply. I am trying to upload .MOV and JPEG files. I have these files stored in a couple of folders on my desktop, however when I use the Media browser all I can see on my desktop are the folders which hold the media, these folders are greyed out like you mention, and when I open the folders I have a message saying no files to show.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi markg70734427,

Sorry for the trouble.

Rush should be able to detect all support media files https://helpx.adobe.com/gr_en/rush/help/import-footage.html#file-format-support

Any chance you have selected any Filter(Audio only, Video Only, Image Only ) from the bottom in Media Browser. Select All Media Types option and you should be able to view all media in the corresponding folder.

Glad to help,

Mayank

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Mayank, I have no idea how it has happened as I have not tried filtering media intentionally but that is indeed what has happened. Once again thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Welcome.

You can also submit feature requests for anything you would like to see in Rush here:

Premiere Rush: Hot (237 ideas) – Adobe video & audio apps

Keep highlighting your doubts!

Mayank

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines