• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video black and won't play

New Here ,
Sep 27, 2019 Sep 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A video which was working fine a few days ago has now gone completely black. I can see all of the video snippets in their proper arrangement, but the preview is pitch black and it doesn't let me play it. When I try to exit it says that Adobe Rush is not responding so I am forced to close it.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the app and restarted my computer. Nothing seems to be fixing this.

clipboard_image_0.png

clipboard_image_1.png

TOPICS
Crash , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 28, 2019 Sep 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the source of this video? Is it from a phone or a camcorder and what format  and resolution is the video?

If the video plays but you can't see it, it also might be worth double-checking your graphic card drivers by going to the nVidia, AMD or Intel site. (Don't trust Windows Update to do it.) 

And certainly try re-booting your computer! Windows has issued several emergency updates lately, and you'll want to make sure you have them completely installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 28, 2019 Sep 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Does it play when you open the movie in VLC?  What codec is the movie saved as? I have experienced corrupt movie footage from GoPro.  It takes a bit of investigation / conversion to get it to work properly.  But my footage was visible (not black).

Can you hear audio during playback?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines