• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Voice Over Failure

New Here ,
Feb 20, 2020 Feb 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I encountered an issue where I am unable to complete a voice over on one computer, but it works fine on another. I am having trouble figuring out what the differences in settings may be on my computers. To clarify I am able to select the voice over icon and the voice over begins and it is clear that my mic is picking up sound, but when I click stop recording it just dissapears. No error or anything. Has anyone encountered this?

TOPICS
Desktop version , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 20, 2020 Feb 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you say it just disappears, do you mean that the audio clip disappears from the timeline? If so, please check two other places:

1. Rush's Project Panel (if you're not familiar with it, you open it by clicking the box icon in the upper left corner, just below the Add button)
  2. Documents/Adobe/Premiere Rush/Managed Media/Adobe Premiere Rush Captured Audio⁩/<Project Name>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2020 Feb 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey mark,

Thanks for the response. It almost as if no .wav file is being created at all. Theres no sign of the file in any of the locations you specified. I believe that is the root cause is that the program will not generate an audio file when I click stop recording. I have no Adobe Premiere Rush Captured Audio⁩ folder because no files have been generated.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, restarting my computer, and just about anything else I can think of. Again thanks so much for the help I am very perplexed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mark

I have the same issue.

I can arm the recording, click record, the timeline is filled with red as it is recording.

When I click stop recording the timeline is clear.

I found have the audio from your instructions and I can play them in Windows Media player.

Now I have found them I have tried importing them but Adobe Rush reports: "We were unable to open the file on the disk."

Would you be able to help so it keeps them on the timeline once it has recorded?

Also, help to import them into Adobe Rush.

Thank you

Andrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok. I made some progress.

When the audio files are on the network drive:

1. user/Adobe/Premiere Rush/Managed Media/Adobe Premiere Rush Captured Audio⁩/<Project Name>

They will not preview or import into Adobe Rush on my installation.

I moved the fodler with the audio files to my local drive and I could both preview and import into the timeline on Adobe Rush.

Can I change where Adobe Rush saves the audio so it is on my local drive so they are added to the timeline?

Thank you

Andrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Mark_Mapes, I'm having a similar issue. I have recorded two voice overs from my Logitech headset/mic. I'm trying to record a third onto the same track and it goes through the motions but the clip left on the track has no audio. I have deleted and re-tried numerous times, even on different tracks. What's up? Thanks.

Joe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My issue is that I record voice over on my Rush mobile app, it works well, however when veiwing the project on my laptop, the voiceover is blank (red) lacking audio.. If i upload an audio file using mobile Rush it shows up properly on my laptop. So the voiceover feature has issues. I would like to depend on Rush capabilities, but cannot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree. It is recording for me but when the audio is on the server it is red and vanishes. If I copy the audio files to my local PC it works. It is not the files. Something in Rush - is it timing out reading it from a server? Or is it the length of the path? Just suggestions.

Sent from my Galaxy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2021 Feb 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have similar problem on my Ipad. Recording starts, I see a red track. When stopping recording, the track disappears.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2021 Feb 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just realized that when I closed project and opened it again after some minutes, then the audio was there in the time line. Seems to be a delay in saving the audio while recording. I assume it is due to that I save into creative cloud, to make project available from all my devices. Could this be fixed by adobe, would be great?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines