• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Washed Out Colors After Export in Premiere Rush

Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2019 Nov 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All, I'm new Rush but not to video editing (I've previously worked with Premiere Pro and other video editing software). I cannot fathom out why all my exports are faded and VERY washed out – nothing like what I saw on the screen while editing them. I'm working on an 18-month-old, top-of-the-range iMac. Your help would be appreciated. Many thanks, David.

TOPICS
Desktop version , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Dec 06, 2019 Dec 06, 2019

In case anyone else faces the same problem I can now add to my previous post. After a month or so of back and forth the cause of the issue was finally revealed. My normal work flow is to save my clips in .mov and then view them in QuickTime (pretty standard on a Mac) but Rush unfortunately provides no other option than to save in .mp4 and .mp4 is not really 'compatible' with QuickTime. When viewed in some other media players – or even other video-editing software – the exported clips did not loo

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Nov 25, 2021 Nov 25, 2021

So I'm having this problem on the iPad looks like the fix was to have an graphic overlay present throughout the entire timeline. You adjust it to hide outside of the video area.  This allows the normal colors to remain present.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jun 27, 2023 Jun 27, 2023

@KC Jones Sarasota 

I read your note. Your footage is getting "washed out?" It's probably shooting in HDR, which is the default for new iPhones.

It randomly washes out footage.  Looks aweful!

By @KC Jones Sarasota

Turn off HDR in camera seetings with Rush. It will work as expected then.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you provide photos/screenshots of the results?

My [limited] understanding of it is that it may have something to do with display color management (sRGB, gamma settings, etc.)... 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/quot-why-does-my-footage-look-darker-in-premiere-quot-co...

Hope this helps!
Make sure to press "✔ Correct Answer" on this post if this answers your question. Happy Creating!
Anissa • @anissat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quite sure you are correct on this, anissa. Let me raise the issue with the team.

Thanks.

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your responses. I have an update. I spent nearly three hours with an Adobe Customer Service technician this morning, without the problem being fixed, and the issue has been escalated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2019 Dec 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In case anyone else faces the same problem I can now add to my previous post. After a month or so of back and forth the cause of the issue was finally revealed. My normal work flow is to save my clips in .mov and then view them in QuickTime (pretty standard on a Mac) but Rush unfortunately provides no other option than to save in .mp4 and .mp4 is not really 'compatible' with QuickTime. When viewed in some other media players – or even other video-editing software – the exported clips did not look washed out. Nevertheless, I have no wish to change my workflow so I hope Adobe provides Rush with the option to export in .mov in its next update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2020 Jun 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same problem 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem on newest ipad.

Its really frustrating - is there any progress on this issue please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Did you see my update dated 6 December 2019? Nevertheless, I no longer use Rush.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All my video clips are desaturated too! So annoying I have to start over now. Is iMovie better?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've found iMovie a better option but prefer DaVince Resolve.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2021 Oct 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried to edit first time with Adobe Rush on my Iphone 13 Mini and got washed out colour on some clips in the export file, while it was all good in editing. 

Based on all the responses Adobe seems to have that issue for a while and they don't bother fixing it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2021 Nov 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I'm having this problem on the iPad looks like the fix was to have an graphic overlay present throughout the entire timeline. You adjust it to hide outside of the video area.  This allows the normal colors to remain present.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2022 Jan 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! A very simple fix for this annoying issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2022 Jan 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this tip! You saved me! I hope adobe fixes this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2022 Jan 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for this- done the job 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This this this!!! I just added the title and deleted all the text. Stretched it over the whole video and BOOM all the color restored! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2022 Apr 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! What overlay did you use? Mine is still washed out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2022 Nov 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG YALL ARE THE BEST! This just worked for me. Thank you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2023 Jun 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked like a charm! THANK YOU 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2022 Feb 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Genius! Tried it, it works, and super easy. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2022 Mar 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The overlay really

works, I'm super happy someone found a solution to this problem, thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2022 May 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which overlay did you use? I've tried two so far with no luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2022 Mar 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THIS WORKS!!! you are incredible and saved the day literally use Rush all the time for my business and this has helped BIG TIME!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2022 Apr 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can some can re - explain ? I am didnt understand...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2022 Aug 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add a graphic overlay (like the emoji) then place it outside of the video frame so it's not visible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines