• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Washed Out Colors After Export in Premiere Rush

Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2019 Nov 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All, I'm new Rush but not to video editing (I've previously worked with Premiere Pro and other video editing software). I cannot fathom out why all my exports are faded and VERY washed out – nothing like what I saw on the screen while editing them. I'm working on an 18-month-old, top-of-the-range iMac. Your help would be appreciated. Many thanks, David.

TOPICS
Desktop version , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Dec 06, 2019 Dec 06, 2019

In case anyone else faces the same problem I can now add to my previous post. After a month or so of back and forth the cause of the issue was finally revealed. My normal work flow is to save my clips in .mov and then view them in QuickTime (pretty standard on a Mac) but Rush unfortunately provides no other option than to save in .mp4 and .mp4 is not really 'compatible' with QuickTime. When viewed in some other media players – or even other video-editing software – the exported clips did not loo

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Nov 25, 2021 Nov 25, 2021

So I'm having this problem on the iPad looks like the fix was to have an graphic overlay present throughout the entire timeline. You adjust it to hide outside of the video area.  This allows the normal colors to remain present.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jun 27, 2023 Jun 27, 2023

@KC Jones Sarasota 

I read your note. Your footage is getting "washed out?" It's probably shooting in HDR, which is the default for new iPhones.

It randomly washes out footage.  Looks aweful!

By @KC Jones Sarasota

Turn off HDR in camera seetings with Rush. It will work as expected then.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
May 08, 2022 May 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Graphics overlay works! Thank you to whoever has figured it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2022 May 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So.. this fix does work (thanks!)  But why on earth hasn't Adobe fixed this obvious glitch that was reported here in November 2019???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Incredible as it seems, sometimes large corporations move at a snail space. There are some many recomendations to improve Rush that has been made and Adobe hasn't implemented so many of them!?! Could it be that they don't want to canibalize in to Premiere?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah. But improvements and new features are one thing.. Major video-ruining malfucnctions are another. Rush is a long way from being as full featured at Premiere Pro.  I do agree it's mindblowing how poorly some of the biggest service providers like Adobe maintain and debug their flagship products.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I contacted Adobe and the support person blamed it on the macOS. Go onto YouTube or Google and search for "macOS gamma shift".    

seems like I only see this problem when viewing on my iMac.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is now working for me on Macbook pro - anyone else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NOT*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2022 May 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the frustrated ones who kept asking which overlay - any overlay will do. Simply pick an overlay under graphics and add to your movie. Then click the overlay and move it outside the canvas or viewable area. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 07, 2022 Jul 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This should be the answer. I just did the record overlay, moved it left off screen and reexported withou issue. Thx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2022 Dec 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried every free overlay and none seem to help with the issue. Do I need to use the premium ones. I can't imagine it would make a difference though. So frustrating. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2022 Aug 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried this after several other attempts of file converting and colorspace and filter management. It came out PERFECT, this should be designated as the answer as it completely solved the problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2022 Aug 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have never gone to a community site and ACTUALLY found an answer. Thank you, you saint! 😭❤️

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2022 Aug 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2023 Jan 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Appreciate that. Worked for me today!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2023 Feb 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone know why the overlay solution is working on my iPhone 13 mini and not on my Mac Studio? I would really prefer not to have to edit video on the tiny screen. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2023 Feb 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone know why the overlay solution is working on my iPhone 13 mini and not on my Mac Studio? I would really prefer not to have to edit video on the tiny screen. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2023 Feb 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you thank you!!!! You saved me so much time and effort!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2023 Jul 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you ! This is so dumb but it works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2024 Mar 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wanted to say a massive thank you for uploading this, a quick and basic fiz for a ridiculous issue! Have a great day!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 20, 2024 Mar 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Community,

I read the responses, and I'm amazed that this works. I will ask the product team why this workaround is reliable and how they might be able to fix the problem without this process. Thanks, everyone, for reporting on this fantastic workaround.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem, fam ... in some spots in my videos the colours export to desaturated + over exposed.

No evidence of this at all whilst editing, but only after exporting, and reviewing the finished video.

Please advise if there are any fixes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2022 May 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The fixes mentioned above did not work for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2022 Jul 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I switched my iphone camera settings to record in "Most Compatible" instead of "High Efficiency". That has taken care of the issue for me. 

This changes the photos from .HEIC to .JPG, and the videos from .MOV to .MP4

Hope this helps someone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2022 Aug 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this same problem with Rush on my Samsung Galaxy z-Flip. The solution was imilar, under Advanced Recording Options turn off HDR10+. It says "some apps and websites don't support HDR10+". I've left the HDR (normal HDR) enabled

Screenshot_20220812-161910_Camera[1].jpgScreenshot_20220812-161926_Camera[1].jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2022 Aug 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i know this question had already been answered but i wanted to share something else i found with this same issue. i just spent 2 hours talking with Adobe customer support and after the 4th agent to help me i was finally told that this can happen when recording in HDR. i had this problem when recording on an iphone 13 pro with HDR turned on. same problem as above where it looks normal in Premiere Rush but washed out after exporting. i tried recording the same video with HDR turned on and off and edited and saved the video in Rush and the video with HDR turned off had no color distorsions while the the video with HDR turned on had faded colors. i wasnt able to submit any product feedback for this because Premiere Rush wasnt listed as on of the product to submit feedback on. im very much a novice to this as well so the file versions answer provided by @zambezishark wasnt fully making sense to me so i tried somethings else. hopefully this can help someone else as well. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines