• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When Importing to Adobe Rush it only shows 1 second of the full video

New Here ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I import my 20-minute long file into Adobe Rush for some reason it only shows up as a 1-second video in both the media browser and the editing timeline. I have tried uploading it to my computer and to Adobe in many different ways but none of them seem to work. Has anyone encountered this before and how have you fixed it?

TOPICS
Error or problem , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Jun 21, 2023 Jun 21, 2023

Hi @emilyp1992,

For video clips originating from OBS streams containing a variable frame rate, it is a best practice to transcode that media before importing it into Rush or Premiere Pro. Use ProRes LT and you'll not see the problem in the future. An alternative is to record in OBS without variable frame rates, which is possible, from what I gather. If you PM me with a short sample clip, I can have the team look at it, though. Sorry about the frustration.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What type of file is the original 20 minute source?

Is it compressed / segmented?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a MOV file, 1080P 60FPS. I do not believe the file was compressed or segmented but I am not a 100% sure, what would be the best way to find out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2023 Jun 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue. I had a ~7 second .avi clip that I converted to .mp4 using VLC media player. Weird thing is, if I play the mp4 from the file explorer it's all good, the whole clip is there. However, as soon as I bring it into rush it's only bringing in the last second of the clip. Was this ever resolved? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, not really a "fix," but a workaround: seems like remuxing the .mp4 file in OBS will allow it to be brought into Rush at full length. Glad to be unstuck, but it's not ideal to have to run my original clip through 2 conversion processes. Hopefully something the dev team on Rush can look into in the future. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @emilyp1992,

For video clips originating from OBS streams containing a variable frame rate, it is a best practice to transcode that media before importing it into Rush or Premiere Pro. Use ProRes LT and you'll not see the problem in the future. An alternative is to record in OBS without variable frame rates, which is possible, from what I gather. If you PM me with a short sample clip, I can have the team look at it, though. Sorry about the frustration.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines