• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where are files stored on my mac? (new Feb 2024)

Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2024 Feb 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there. I see lots of people asking the question but no answers.

I just started today so I am not affected by the end of cloud syncing.

I would like to know where on my mac the project files are stored so that I may back them up.

Thanks!

Anne.

TOPICS
Storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Feb 07, 2024 Feb 07, 2024

Hello @amckinnell,

Thanks for the question.

I would like to know where on my mac the project files are stored so that I may back them up.

Rush doesn't create project files like Premiere Pro or After Effects. Sorry for the confusion. Rush projects are created in an internal database on your Mac or PC, but they aren't user accessible, so you cannot expressly back them up. Backing up your system to Time Machine or similar should be sufficient.

The product team is aware of this issue, so I ho

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 07, 2024 Feb 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @amckinnell,

Thanks for the question.

Rush doesn't create project files like Premiere Pro or After Effects. Sorry for the confusion. Rush projects are created in an internal database on your Mac or PC, but they aren't user accessible, so you cannot expressly back them up. Backing up your system to Time Machine or similar should be sufficient.

The product team is aware of this issue, so I hope they can come up with a better solution for editors like yourself soon. I apologize for the frustration.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2024 Feb 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Kevin,

thank you for the reply. It is good to know that at least time machine will be picking up the files and backing them up. But I still need to know where they are so I could restore them if necessary. Unless I am restoring my entire computer, which I would only do if there was some catastrophic failure. When I buy a new computer, I don't restore from Time Machine. 

Even though the files are not user accessible, may I know where they are in case I ever need to restore them from Time Machine?

Thank you.

Anne.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines