Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where is my duck?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

Im currently subscribed as a monthly user to use Adebe Rush on iPad. A month ago the Duck option was there in the audio panel on the right Today it's not there! I logged on the desktop and it's not there either. I really need it for the new videos, does anyone know where it's gone and how do I get it back?

many thanks!

TOPICS
Desktop version , Error or problem , How to , Mobile version

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Aug 20, 2021 Aug 20, 2021

Actually I found how to do it, the type of track must be set to music, not voice

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Glad you were able to figure it out. 

For Auto Duck to work

1. Select your soundtrack

2. Open the Audio Inspector, enable Auto Duck

The soundtrack will automatically fade down and back up when someone is speaking in the video. 

All the best!

Peter 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or, does anyone know who can I get in touch with to get the option back? 🥺🙏

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2021 Aug 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually I found how to do it, the type of track must be set to music, not voice

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad you were able to figure it out. 

For Auto Duck to work

1. Select your soundtrack

2. Open the Audio Inspector, enable Auto Duck

The soundtrack will automatically fade down and back up when someone is speaking in the video. 

All the best!

Peter 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2022 Mar 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was the only thread I could find on "Duck" so thought I'd post my findings here and hope it helps someone. I spent a fair bit of time doing trial and error to make this work on a new MacBook Pro.

I'm using an external lapel mic to add narration and this is plugged into the 3.5mm jack socket on the Macbook. The main issue was finding the correct sound settings in the Rush preferences- the Autoduck did not work if the sound settings were left at default- the Mac seemed to think the input was the external mic and output was external headphones. You can fix this by changing the sound output to "Mac speakers" I've tested this several times now and it works consistently. 

The other thing is to play with the autoduck setting so it fades out enough. I'm pleased with the result now I've worked it out, but it wasn't intuitive!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2022 Mar 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

And previous posters are correct in that you need to make sure the track that is being selected to autoduck is a "music" track.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines