• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why does Adobe Premiere Rush changes the color of an imported graphic?

Explorer ,
May 16, 2024 May 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I imported a graphic which I use as full screen image in a video. I did not apply a color filter:
Screenshot 2024-05-16 at 19.52.02.png

Both in the app and in the exported video the color (#ED3A28; left) is different from the color used in the original graphic (#FF0000; right).
Screenshot 2024-05-16 at 19.51.48.png

I created the graphic in Apple Keynotes and it should be in RGB mode.

What is the reason for that and how can I avoid this?

Kind regards,

Philip

TOPICS
Desktop version , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , May 16, 2024 May 16, 2024

After hours of researching and try-and-error I could fix it by using these solutions:

1. Changing in Photoshop under Edit > Color Settings the Working Spaces RGB to HDTV (Rec. 709).

2. Either opening a new image document, pasting the image into it and saving the new file or setting in Photoshop under Edit > Color Settings the Color Management Policies RGB to Convert to Working RGB. Afterwards I opened and saved image file.

Adobe_Photoshop_sRGB_to_REC.709_Conversion.png

Really complicated :-(. Not sure how other videographers streamline their w

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I would like to add the following:

I am using a large LG curved display.

I could figure out that it is probably related to different color profiles (sRGB in the image and Rec 709 used by Premiere Rush). I couldn't find a solution how to save the image in Photoshop in Rec.709 and import it to Premiere Rush without desaturated color. I tried the following:

In Photoshop under Edit > Color Settings I changed the Working Spaces RGB to either HDTV (Rec. 709) or Rec. ITU-R BT.709-5. Not sure what shall be used. In this video tutorial is mentioned Rec.709 Gamma 2.4 which I do not have in my list. Why?Screenshot 2024-05-16 at 20.30.11.png

After that I saved or exported the files in Photoshop to different formats:

• Save as ... PNG or JPG
  • Export to ... PNG or JPG

When I import all these variations to my Adobe Premiere Rush project, the color is still washed out. Any idea what I am doing wrong?

What I did notice in Photoshop when using Export to PNG, is that the preview becomes washed out / desatured when I choose these options:

Enable Smaller File (8-bit)

Screenshot 2024-05-16 at 21.03.23.pngScreenshot 2024-05-16 at 21.03.34.png

Disable Convert to sRGB

Screenshot 2024-05-16 at 21.03.50.pngScreenshot 2024-05-16 at 21.04.02.png

I would appreciate any insights which could bring me onto the right track 😉 I do not need to know the scientific details about which I could find infos on the web but rather a practical guide how to save the image in Photoshop to avoid the washed out color effect in Premiere Rush.

Kind regards,

Philip

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After hours of researching and try-and-error I could fix it by using these solutions:

1. Changing in Photoshop under Edit > Color Settings the Working Spaces RGB to HDTV (Rec. 709).

2. Either opening a new image document, pasting the image into it and saving the new file or setting in Photoshop under Edit > Color Settings the Color Management Policies RGB to Convert to Working RGB. Afterwards I opened and saved image file.

Adobe_Photoshop_sRGB_to_REC.709_Conversion.png

Really complicated :-(. Not sure how other videographers streamline their workflow. Furthermore, I always need to change back the Color Settings so that SRGB is used when using Photoshop for other use cases.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the workarounds here, @flip838. Color management is much more straightforward in Premiere Pro. You might try a trial to see if you can improve your workflow. I am glad you were able to solve your problem, though!

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 17, 2024 May 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks a lot, Kevin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines