• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why doesn't Rush have a dedicated track add/subtract options?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is it that Rush doesn't have a dedicated track add/subtract options? Why can't I move a piece of media without affecting all the media above it? That's just insane. I want to be able to move tracks around without it trying to auto-collapse the timeline. And despite all it's flaws it still manages to hog up all of my computer's memory and cpu. 

I get that it's supposed to be more user friendly, but even Windows Movie Maker was easier to control.

Mod note: Editied for content

TOPICS
Desktop version , Error or problem , Feature request , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 25, 2023 Jan 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're looking for more robust features, you might want to open your Premiere Rush project up in Premiere Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2023 Jan 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's the obvious work around... but when I just want to clip together a social media post I don't want to have to make an entire hirearchy of files and folders and media links just to put together a 1 minute TikTok or Instagram video.
I thought the idea of "Premiere Rush" was to make it easy and fast (hence "rush") to make these kinds of videos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can start putting your video together in Rush and then open that Rush project up in Premiere Pro to do more with it. You don't have to relink or rebuild anything--open Premiere Pro and on the lower left side of the Home screen, click "Open Premiere Rush Project." 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I truly think you're not grasping my point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see that you're relatively new to posting here, so you may not realize that this is a user-to-user forum. I'm a user who is volunteering my time to help users like you. (Adobe Employees have the Adobe logo over their profile picture and they are labeled as Adobe Employees). So I'm hoping that information might help reframe my post in that I'm trying to make recommendations for your benefit. You're welcome to use the information or not, but I hope that I was able to help clarify that you don't have to rework what you made in Rush if you'd like to access more robust features in Premiere Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2023 Dec 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is a joke, I actually paid to recieve the abuse of rendering errors on a Lenovo Thinkpad X1 5th gen using a RTX 3060 GPU!  I am done with it and I have been using PP for a good 8 years.  Oh by the way you can not uninstall the cloud to remove Rush, since another app is using CC.  It is a maze of handshakes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines