• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Will not import MP4 files

New Here ,
Mar 12, 2024 Mar 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a 12.9ninch iPad Pro that will not import MP4 files into Adobe Rush. I always get  the message 'unsupported media type. 1 of  1 media could not be imported. Any ideas?

TOPICS
Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Mar 12, 2024 Mar 12, 2024

Hi @ianjohnson58,

Thanks for the question. Rather weird behavior, I'd say. Which camera or device shot the footage? Is there anything odd about the footage, such as the cinematic mode on the iPhone? Please let us know. Sorry for the issues.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 12, 2024 Mar 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @ianjohnson58,

Thanks for the question. Rather weird behavior, I'd say. Which camera or device shot the footage? Is there anything odd about the footage, such as the cinematic mode on the iPhone? Please let us know. Sorry for the issues.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2024 Mar 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin

The footage was from a Garmin Car Dash Cam. I tried numerous times to import the file but this made no difference. Eventually I used iMovie which worked a treat. All Premier Rush settings to my knowledge were set to default.

Best regards

Ian

Sent from my iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 15, 2024 Mar 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @ianjohnson58,

Specific devices create video files that are unsuitable for Adobe's encoder/decoder technology in digital video editing applications. They need to be transcoded by another app to work with them and their VFR frame rates. Most FFMPEG-based freeware can do this (Shuter Encoder is what I use), but Apple's tech can also do that. Sorry for the letdown. 

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines