Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

4k Export - Low Bitrate for High Quality

New Here ,
Apr 25, 2019 Apr 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I'm using Rush to work with 4k 30fps files captured by my S10.
Bitrate of these files is about 46/50 Mbps.

During the edit everything is ok
Problems began during the rendering and export phase: obviously I would like to export in 4k (2160p) at 30fps with the SAME QUALITY of the input files so I select these options (Photo 1):

1.png

Quality: High

Estimated File Size: 287 MB (31 sec of video)

Result File Size: 41 MB

I supposed that High for quality maintain the same bitrate of input files so the quality could be considered high, but I was wrong…

After the rendering, Rush returned a file with a bitrate of 10 Mbps that is ridiculous for 2160p videos

And the problem is that is impossible to change the bitrate! Playing the video you could see lots of compression artifacts and the video isn’t good for anything!

So I tried to use other preset and see what happen with the same project:
1) With the same configuration but setting Resolution at 1080p the output file size is 73 MB and the quality is quite good (it’s a high quality FullHD video with a bit rate of 18/20 Mbps)

2) Using the Youtube 4k 2160p UltraHd preset is possible to see the interesting thing (Photo 2):
the Quality setting is now on Custom (40Mbps) and after the render Rush give me a file with a size of 149 MB and a bitrate of 40 Mbps.

2.png

The quality of this video is very high and (now) I’m going to use that file.

But it’s a ridiculous thing that if I select high quality, I get a file with a horrible quality and artifacts.

So now… Is possible to change manually the bitrate and get enough quality? Because now I can't use 2160p@60fps videos from my S10 with a bit rate of 75 Mbps.
Or at least correct this bug about video quality.

I’m really sad about that because I really love Rush: perfect for cut some scenes and create easy Video in few minutes instead of Adobe Premiere Pro that take me lots of time for little adjustments

Thanks for every answer! (and sorry for my English ahaha)

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 10, 2023 Jul 10, 2023

Hi @LordOfNetflix,

Thanks for submitting this feature request. Sorry for the frustration.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2019 Jul 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exact same thing is happening to me. Come on, Adobe. We shouldn't have to jump through hoops to get 4K exports with a decent bitrate. Please let us set the bitrate ourselves.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2022 Mar 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, the same thing happens to me.  This makes Premiere Rush totally useless if you're trying to render high quality files.  Please tell us how to fix this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2023 May 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A year later and there is still no solution to this!? New user here. Just tried to export an eight minute clip. Original quality was quite high. Estimated output should have been 4000, I expect some compression. The final video is 500 and pixelated! This is not remotely close to the original quality. What is this? I've tried all the tips and tricks and cannot get a quality video out of my export. I need to be able to play in a school setting and it would be obscene to have to play the preview of the unrendered file to get a quality playback. Seriously??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 10, 2023 Jul 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @LordOfNetflix,

Thanks for submitting this feature request. Sorry for the frustration.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines